PIP just rang. Report going back to IAS. Advice please — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP just rang. Report going back to IAS. Advice please

stratos
stratos Community member Posts: 33 Courageous
edited October 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello again. received assessment report last week. Report was accurate but assessor changed everything and put footnotes in following an evening phone call 10 days later. I wrote to DWP and explained what had happened.
I have just had a phone call from PIP from a very nice decision maker saying her footnotes were wrong and not consistent with original report and claim form. he said they would make a decision today.
However, he then rang me back and said his senior manager had requested they send the report back to IAS for them to have a look at it again?
Is this a bad thing?
Will IAS get cross that they are being questioned and perhaps wont change the points?
Has anyone experience please of the report going back to IAS and what was the outcome.
this is such a stressful process.
thank you all again for your help.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,349 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

This does happen although it's rare but i have heard of quite a few stories. It doesn't mean anything at the stage other than the report is being returned to IAS. It could be returned to DWP with the same recommendations and it could be changed completely. Unfortunately, all you can do is wait, hopefully it won't be too long but of course it will delay the decision further and a decision won't be made until the report has been returned back to DWP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello, no it's not bad, it's the assessment may not have been reported correctly and being sent back for clearafication of the details so the recommendations are consistent with your application form and your assessment. 
  • stratos
    Thank you Poppy, I wouldnt have to face another F2F would I?

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,349 Disability Gamechanger
    stratos said:
    Thank you Poppy, I wouldnt have to face another F2F would I?

You're welcome. Some do and some don't but i can't guarantee that you won't need another. Hopefully you won't and the information they already have will be enough.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • stratos
    wilko said:
    Hello, no it's not bad, it's the assessment may not have been reported correctly and being sent back for clearafication of the details so the recommendations are consistent with your application form and your assessment. 
    Thank you Wilko. As said the original report was accurate to which the DWP agreed with. She put footnotes in after the phone call and DWP agree the descriptor points do not match the original report. Just really worried I would have to have another F2F
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    edited October 2019
    I've had something weird happen with my report and award as well! The case manager in my case still awarded me PIP even though she was disputing the report and hadn't gotten the information which was requested from my GP and a manager told me it wasn't the case managers final decision.

I mean it sounds like a good thing in your case, in my case it's very very confusing lol.

It is VERY stressful, this has impacted my health because despite the case manager waiting on this info she still dropped my award and went a long with the assessors report!

I hope you get some good news in regards to your award/claim.
  • stratos
    thank you both so much. It is all VERY stressful, I know. the DM I spoke to this morning said it would take a further 7 to 10 days for IAS to get the report, check it and send it back. Fingers crossed!!!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    Good luck, I wish you all the best!
  • stratos
    WF2k said:
    Good luck, I wish you all the best!
    Thank you :) 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
  • stratos
    Best of luck @stratos!
    Thank you, think I will need it

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.