"changes"in health since pip application — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

"changes"in health since pip application

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 231 Pioneering
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

A diagnosis makes no difference to PIP because it's not about a diagnosis, if those conditions were reported on either the PIP2 form or at the assessment then they will be taken into consideration.

What won't be taken into consideration is worsening of condition after the original decision was made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    You will have to report a change in circumstances and have another F2F assessment,  give supply evidence to support your application in relation to the PIP descriptiors. 
  • poppy123456
    wilko said:
    You will have to report a change in circumstances and have another F2F assessment,  give supply evidence to support your application in relation to the PIP descriptiors. 
    Sorry but that's not the correct advice. A diagnosis, it's not a change of circumstances.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • [Deleted User]
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. A change of circumstances should really only be reported if you can either score more points or your condition's improved, which would mean you're not entitled to the points you were previously awarded.

A diagnosis means nothing and won't score you anymore points.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    However, I believe the HCP must have some general guidance to refer to from the decision letter I received, which roughly stated that the difficulties I faced were 'consistent' with my diagnosis, & also see section 2.1.3 in the following link, which states, '.....the HP should use their specific knowledge of the health condition or impairment as a measure of the level of disability that would be expected from the claimant's condition.....'  See: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/personal-independence-payment-assessment-guide-for-assessment-providers/pip-assessment-guide-part-2-the-assessment-criteria

• poppy123456
    chiarieds said:
    However, I believe the HCP must have some general guidance to refer to from the decision letter I received, which roughly stated that the difficulties I faced were 'consistent' with my diagnosis, & also see section 2.1.3 in the following link, which states, '.....the HP should use their specific knowledge of the health condition or impairment as a measure of the level of disability that would be expected from the claimant's condition.....'  See: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/personal-independence-payment-assessment-guide-for-assessment-providers/pip-assessment-guide-part-2-the-assessment-criteria

Yes but a diagnosis alone is not enough to be awarded PIP, so receiving a diagnosis, it not a change of circumstances. If everyone reported a change of circumstances everytime they were diagnosed with something then the backlogs would be even longer than they already are.
  • chiarieds
    Hi @poppy123456 I wasn't disagreeing with you about 'any change in circumstance.' I was just trying to clarify as the OP was later wondering what the point was in mentioning a diagnosis in a PIP form. In the context I mention a diagnosis must matter, but it certainly doesn't score you points. Sorry for not being clearer.
  • [Deleted User]
  • chiarieds
    Hi @justdon ...it could only happen to you!! Seriously 'tho, I'm very sorry to read this. However, I'd check, I 'think' Poppy has previously stated evidence needed to be received by the court 10 days before a tribunal. Anyway, I'd err on the side of caution. Remember to put your NI number on each page & send recorded delivery.
  • poppy123456
    chiarieds said:
    Hi @justdon ...it could only happen to you!! Seriously 'tho, I'm very sorry to read this. However, I'd check, I 'think' Poppy has previously stated evidence needed to be received by the court 10 days before a tribunal. Anyway, I'd err on the side of caution. Remember to put your NI number on each page & send recorded delivery.
    Yes, you're correct, it's 10 days before the hearing date. Although it can be sent later, or taken with you on the day and hand it to the clerk when you arrive BUT doing this risks the hearing being adjourned because they may not have time to read all the evidence.

@justdon good luck for the hearing, do let us know the outcome.
  • [Deleted User]
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I really hope it is a positive outcome for you @justdon!
    Scope

• [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I've got my fingers crossed for you @justdon!
    Scope

• [Deleted User]

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.