ESA Contribution and Income related - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA Contribution and Income related

2»

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Best of luck @Al_leister. This does mean you should be entitled to a small amount of Universal Credit as well so I hope you are able to get it sorted quickly.
    Please let us know how you get on or if we can help in any way. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Al_leister
    Al_leister Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Again, thank you for all your help. The amounts Adrian advised are now being paid including a back payment. After deductions we will receive £157 per month more than before.
    When I previously called the helpline that advises what benefits you are entitled to they wrongly  advised we were receiving all we were due. CRAZY
    THANK YOU SCOPE 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Al_leister, I'm so glad things have worked out for you! 
    Scope

• Adrian_Scope
    I've just spotted this @Al_leister. I'm so happy for you! I'm really glad you're now getting what you're entitled to and we were able to help you with it. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Al_leister
    Thanks, Adrian 
    It's a shame the government advice line can't give this information to people when they ask what they are entitled to:we are new to this so learning as we go.
    Will now enquire about ESA income related top up as we may be able to receive help with dental and eye care costs. 
    Best regards 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2019
    Thanks, Adrian 
    It's a shame the government advice line can't give this information to people when they ask what they are entitled to:we are new to this so learning as we go.
    Will now enquire about ESA income related top up as we may be able to receive help with dental and eye care costs. 
    Best regards 
    You won’t be able to  claim any more ESA on top of the contributions based you’re already receiving. This is because you’re claiming UC and this will be your top up because you’re receiving the LCWRA in with your monthly amount.

You will be able to claim free NHS treatment for dental, eye tests and prescriptions because you’re claiming UC with no earned income. Hope this helps. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Hi @Al_leister, as Poppy said you should be able to claim free NHS treatment as your earned income is below the threshold. At the bottom of your UC statement there should be a button that says 'Other support you may be able to get'. If you press that it will come up with a section showing your earned income in an assessment period and a table like the one I've copied below which will show you what you're entitled to in your situation.

Community Manager
    Scope
  • Al_leister
    Thank you for this, Adrian. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    No problem @Al_leister, I hope it's helped. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Al_leister
    The service provided by Scope is, without doubt, priceless and a moral imperative in the current political economic climate.
    I hope Scope receive sufficient funding and donations to allow this great work to continue. 

Best regards 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    This is so lovely to hear @Al_leister, thank you!
    Scope

• Adrian_Scope
    Thank you @Al_leister, we really appreciate the feedback and I'm glad we've been able to help with your queries.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.