PIP Update - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Update

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    If Welfare rights aren't willing to call on your behalf do you have another family member to call for you? You will have to go through security when the call is made but then you can tell the adviser that you're passing the phone onto another person to continue for you.

If the factual report was sent by your GP and it wasn't received are you able to ask for another one to be sent? If the report was asked for after the assessment report was returned to DWP then it will be the decision maker that requested it and not IAS.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    edited October 2019
    Hi Poppy, thanks for the response :)

No sadly I don't, I only really have anything to do with my Mum and Son and I can't ask my Mum because she lives miles away. I don't mind the security bits.

It was sent on the 2nd of September, surly the DWP would have received it by now? Yes the assistant practice manager has offered to do just that, she said she can send it via fax or email if needed but I need to find out if the DWP have gotten it yet or not and see if they would like the medical centre to resend the report. Ok that's confusing, this is what the APM said, I'm not sure she got the bit about Capita being the same as the DWP? but anyway.

"With regard to DWP we have only had one request for information which we received via fax on 6th August 2019, Dr completed the forms and we returned them to DWP on 2nd September 2019. It was a request for a GP factual report from Capita, a lady called Angela. Capita is the same as DWP, Capita issue the forms and process the claims on behalf of Department for Work and Pensions. We still have a copy if they have not received the one we sent, we can fax it, post it or e-mail it to them."
  • Fetlock
    Fetlock Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    edited October 2019
    WF2k said:
    Who can I ask to call the DWP on my behalf? I'm unable to call due to how bad my anxiety is, I tried to call the other day about my PIP payment and got myself into a mess because I was very anxious, I don't want to ask my Son to call because he also has anxiety and doesn't like using the phone. Welfare Rights seem reluctant to call for some odd reason.

I'm getting conflicting information from the DWP and my medical centre, I don't know who has asked for what, all I know is that my GP filled in a "factual report" and the assistant practice manager is saying that Capita requested this, but when I spoke to this DWP manager he told me the case manager requested this and even though it was sent back on the 2nd of September, they still haven't received it.

My Son was also told that two requests for information were sent to my GP but my GP only received one.

I'm already very annoyed at the fact I've been messed around for 6 months and that the case manager has awarded me PIP before she had this factual report, plus she's ignored information that she had access to already.

Both will be right.
    The case manager will have requested the GP factual report but it has to be requested via a health professional (in your case, this was one at Capita) . So the case manager sends the request to Capita, who then send a request to the GP surgery.
    If it was sent back that long ago and not received, I doubt it's going to turn up now. If you're able to get to your GP surgery, I would pop in, get a copy of it and post it to DWP yourself. Alternatively, ask your GP surgery to send another copy of it in to DWP themselves.
    If you do get a copy from your GP surgery, you could always ring DWP and tell them what the report says (instead of or in addition to sending it in again)

• [Deleted User]
    Ok thanks @Fetlock for explaining that, it's been confusing the hell out of me and causing me to be stressed out.

Is this kind of thing normal where they make an award anyway without having the full info? The manager said it was because my award was due to end in November?

I was thinking about asking for a copy as well to be honest.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 231 Pioneering
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • paffuto10
    paffuto10 Community member Posts: 388 Pioneering
    @WF2k

So sorry you are going through this. 

Have you tried your MP? 

Our MP helped with adult son's case when he was give zero points. 
    Decision was that he needed NO support yet he's lived in supported housing for five years. 
    Why do they think he's in supported housing then? The clue is in the name?!!!!! 

It was overturned at mandatory reconsideration with the help of MP. 

I wish you luck and sincerely hope it gets sorted out <3

Talk about stress!! 
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2019
    Yes I have tried and he is terrible, he's been of no help to me at all, he doesn't email me himself he gets someone else to do it.

Thank you :) 

Just to update the thread, my Son managed to call the DWP, the lady looked at the system and said the case manager now had the report and that it was up to her if she changed the award or not (obviously). So at least that's with the case manager and being looked at.

Also the Welfare Rights did an MR the other day which has been sent back so IF the case manager does change the award in my favour, am I able to cancel the MR?

• paffuto10
    @WF2k

Sorry your MP isn't helping. We must have got lucky. Ours is Labour and is trying to get this system changed. He sent us a humdinger of a letter saying how disgusting and stressful the current system is. 
    Of course, he may be just trying to get our votes but either way he helped our son. 

When you say "case manager" is that the DM or someone else? 
  • poppy123456
    The decision has already been made because you've received the decision letter, even though you were advised, that isn't the final decision which makes no sense to me at all. In my opinion the MR is the correct procedure.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • [Deleted User]
    @paffuto10 yeah the decision maker.

Well it's not what the DWP are saying Poppy although I do agree with you, which is why I went with the WFO's advice to do the MR, I did manage to get him to change a couple of bits I was concerned about before he sent it. I was just wondering that IF she did change the award if I'm able to cancel the MR, I'm obviously not going to cancel it unless the award goes back to the same as it was before.
  • poppy123456
    When you were told that the decision was made was not the final decision, did you have this in writing?
  • [Deleted User]
    Nope, the "dwp manager" said it over the phone and when my Son called to check if they had the GP's info they also said the info was with the case manager and that it's up to her if she changes it or not.

Honestly Poppy, I'm very annoyed, frustrated and anxious, the whole process has had a big impact on my health and I'm contemplating making a complaint in regards to how they've handled my claim/review.
  • paffuto10
    @WF2k
    Whoops, that certainly would have been better in writing obviously. 

If you receive any more calls (whether you answer or someone else) ask them to put it in writing. 

Not very helpful right now, sorry 
  • poppy123456
    I agree, that having that in writing would certainly have been the better way, all you have now is your work against theirs, unless the call was recorded by DWP.

I'm not surprised this has caused a lot of stress. I'm not good with stress either, so i can relate to that. I've just never heard of this happening before and it really doesn't make any sense at all, why they would be a decision and say it's "not final" yet go on to send a decision letter out and reduce your money in the meantime. To me, that can only mean it's a final decision.

At least the MR letter has been sent now so you're prepared.
  • paffuto10
    @WF2k

Totally understand about the stress. 

I was crying for days last week after I received mine (and that was a good result)!! 

Still haven't recovered properly now. 

Can you switch off a bit by watching films or something? 
    I did that A LOT whilst waiting for mine. 

And of course, keep coming on here for support.   x
  • [Deleted User]
    @poppy123456 Yeah it's all very silly and unnecessary, she only had to wait a bit longer for the GP's report before making the decision instead of doing it because my award was due to end next month. I think I would have rather my award run out than be given a decision before she's finished looking at the info.

paffuto10 I find it very hard to switch off once I'm stressed and anxious, I'm already someone that worries about anything and everything.

I had some men here yesterday replacing and fitting in new extractor fans but they were getting on my nerves because I didn't want them here (I'm not good with people, especially men), so the more anxious and annoyed I got the more I started to rant, then my poor Son had to deal with it and calm me down and yet I have Capita and the DWP say I'm pretty much ok from just a 65 minute assessment? If only I was, I'd be out working. Pardon the rant.
  • paffuto10
    @WF2k

Absolutely come and have a rant on here, many of us do. 

I know how very difficult anxiety can be. Have a daughter with borderline personality disorder and son with severe autism. 

Daughter was up all night because a gas engineer was coming to fix the boiler in her new flat. 
    I've had to rebook him. 
    She's only just been given the flat (council). She's been living here at home recuperating for a year because she had a really bad episode last year with anxiety and depression. 

She's much better now in general but even an engineer coming is too much for her. Her dad is going to the new flat with her for next appointment. He couldn't go this time unfortunately and I'm usually laid up in bed. 

I do hope your PIP is sorted soon. x

• [Deleted User]
    @paffuto10 sorry to hear about your daughter, it's really stressful having people I don't know come to my home, I hate it, we tried to cancel the council surveyor because I was so anxious, they said it was cancelled but he still turned up and when I mentioned it to him he asked why so I explained and he said something like you seem fine.. and I said, well I don't feel it. This is what a lot of people don't understand, we may look ok but it's what's going on inside us and in our heads that affects us, you can only really tell when a person is having a full blown meltdown.

I typed out a bit of a rant but deleted it as I don't feel comfy ranting about what happened in the assessment because people sometimes pick fault with what you're saying and try and correct you which just adds to my anxiety.

Thanks for being so understanding.
  • paffuto10
    Totally agree with you about people not understanding. 

Someone once said to me and hubby "your son doesn't look autistic"!

Hubby replied "oh, what does having autism look like then?:pensive:

:p
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 231 Pioneering
    edited October 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.