Pip and what they did to me — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip and what they did to me

Options
mcd4513
mcd4513 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have all ready been places in the ESA higher support group with LCWRA also .   I have had  3 pip assessments  1 was terminated after 10 minutes after I was asked the question  " what causes your medical condition "  I  did not understand this question as I have several medical conditions from sliding rib syndrome to a permanent sublaxed/dislocated  right shoulder  and constant dislocations/ popping / sliding  of all of my joints caused by a connective tissue disorder  . I have had this most of my life and it is degenerative.  When I responded to the assessor that I am still under investigation as there is very little known as to what is causing my condition and have multiple side effects also caused by my condition including chronic Arthralgia in every joint . When I explained this to the assessor I was merely with instant agression and a response of well something must be causing it !! , I responded again  that I am still being investigated and have been for the last 10 years , the assessor then asked well does weather cause it ??  I said No  how can the weather cause my condition and that my doctor has and will provide any and all information regarding and needed to be requested by Capita as my GP surgery does not give give  information to patients and must be requested under data protection regulations .  I was then shouted at and told I was being difficult and not answering the question . My assessment was then terminated .  My 2nd assessment was a home visit that was terminated befor I even received  my appointment letter , I miss read the letter and could see day , time but no location ,  it stated venue with my address and I had miss read this, I called to find out where my assessment was and was told that it was a home visit and that this had been cancled due to the danger I posed to assessors !!  .
I then attended mg local council and asked if they would  be able to sit in on a telephone call with me and capita on loud speaker and did not make capita aware of this . The assessor had filed a report stating she had terminated my assessment because I attacked her !!! Out right lies and she later changed her statement to say she found me trying to covertly record my assessment .  When I was leaving the 1sg assessment I asked the secretary can I please  have details of how I go about making a complaint to which the assessor  came steaming into reception shouting get out get out !!  I responded very calmly I'm sorry , you have terminated my assessment I have no further dealings with you and I am just asking the receptionist for the detail of how to make a complaint . During this the security guard who was outside the assessment room and then by my side in reception was in shock ! So to was the receptionist.  I turned to the security guard and said I'm sorry but I have not raised my voice once , I've not been aggressive in any way and did not understand why I was being met with so much agression !  Both the security guard and receptionist gave me there names and details as I requested if I can add them in my complaint to which they both did ..  When I logged my 1st pip assessment I had requested for it to be recorded and was told I can record but I was only allowed to use a CD recorder or a tape deck  , neither I have as a laptop with a cd recorder was not allowed and I had asked why I could not use a digital device like a phone or tablet etc . When I entered the assessment room the assessor demanded I showed her my phone and turned it off otherwise she would not even start my assessment unless I did this, I showed her my phone and turned it off placinhbon the table in front of the assessor.  After my local council got involved stating I was know by DWP and my local council office and have no mark's against my name nor have I ever for violence in any way or raised voices etc the assessors statement for termination then changed to say she found me fiddling in my pocket and that she found me attempting to record my assessment.  Ought right lies all of it my phone was off and on the table in front of her from the start due to the threat made to not even start my assessment unless this was done .
My 3rd assessment seemed to go well but I failed scoring only 4 points ,  everything in the report was a fabrication from my condition to medication and even my dwelling saying i live in a 2 story apartment with bedroom and bathroom upstairs on a 2nd floor/lvl  all lies !!!   Assessment report said u Ionly take over the counter medication yet I have to take multiple types of  medications daily and have done for years  which they were given a list of , states I eat 3 cooked meals a day yet I am borderline anorexia as I eat only once a day due to the damage done to my stomach from medications over the years which I am also being treated for .  They started I did multiple movement exercises yet at assessment I was told not to do any movement exercises due to the fact the assessor could see how much pain I was in during assessment just sitting in the chair . My sister was present at the assessment who is on crutches due to multiple knee operations and torn ligaments in knee , assessor stated we left the building and was I  her car within 8 seconds,  it took us both 5 minuets just to leave reception and clear the front door the  a further 5 minueta to get into the car .everything in this report was falsified by capita to delibratly score me a zero score , they stated that they contacted my gp which they also have lied about and my gp is disgusted at my  assessment report which I have shown them , my GP has issued me with a letter stating that not capita or anybody else has ever  requested any information regarding me in any way from my GP .  On my assessment report  it states Date of consultation  13/09/2019    08:25:00  ,  time consultation started 09:25  m, I arrived  at 9:20  and my assessment started at 09:25 so why is the 1 hr difference in times ?  On the last page of my report it stats consideration writing up time 02:35  in the morning 16/9/2019    but then says date 16/09/2019  3 days after assessment undertaken .   I later found out from speaking with DWP that my report was not even sent to DWP till the 27th 9 - 2019  2 weeks after assessment !!  Dwp raised concerns and were told my paper work/ assessment information was held as they were adding information from my GP which we all ready know was a lie as they have never contacted my GP at all . DWP have my medical eveidance on file which I provided to them for my ESA assessment and have stated that this assessment report is so full of lies that it is to be taken off my records and to not be used by the dessision makers in my mandatory reconsideration which I am still awaiting a response ..  I hope I do fail as I would rather take this matter to court as every assessor has some backing as a trained medical professional and have clearly breached the code of practice of duty of care as a trained medical professional  and also out right lied in a medical report which is a legal document .  All assessments should be recorded by default and only then will these false assessment report stop  . All of this is a complete joke  not to mention that my report is so full of spelling errors that it means that the assessor was in no way qualified to write and assessment in the first place .   
I have logged complaints that have not been investigated with responses saying that they find nothing wrong with the termination of my 1st assessment and no statements were taken from the security guard or receptionist, when I asked why I was told that both were temp staff and that they have no way of finding out who these people were even tho I have provided there names , if there temp staff then the agency that provided would be able to provide there details. 
Everything about Atos and Capita is not only a breach of the medical profession but also committing a criminal offence to falsify information in a legal document .  How can theh be getting away with all of this for so long yet nothing happens to these people .  I am taking this as far up the courts as I can  regardless of the outcome because these people have a duty of care towards me and anybody else that they see and if they can not file a report in the right way and undertake an assessment to the DWP standards then they are not qualified to be employed in there current medical profession . 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

It's very rare that DWP or the health assessment providers contact any medical professional for any evidence. I'm afraid the onus is on you to make sure it's sent to support your claim. ESA and PIP are different benefits with different criteria and your evidence wouldn't be passed onto the health assessment providers from your ESA claim.

Any complaints about the assessment report should be sent to the health assessment providers.

The reason or the delay in returning your file back to DWP is it could have been chosen for audit, if this happens it can significantly delay returning the file and a decision can't be made until both reports have been returned. I had a PIP report of mine sent to audit for 5 weeks in 2017.

I'm unsure if you've had a decision on your PIP claim because your post is very difficult to read with lack a paragraphs. If you've had a decision and been refused then you have 1 month from that date to request the MR.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Hi @mcd4513 Your problems, as far as the physical side go, do seem somewhat similar to mine, as I also have a permanently subluxed right collarbone, shoulder & wrist problems (but this was due to an old injury). You mention a connective tissue disorder & joint dislocations/or what sound like subluxations. I wonder if you might have the hypermobile type of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (hEDS), or perhaps Hypermobility Spectrum Disorder. hEDS has certainly resulted in me having generalised osteoarthrosis & joint pain. It might be worth looking into this, please see this link to the Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome's UK website: https://www.ehlers-danlos.org/ to see if it 'may' explain your problems.

I'm sorry to read about the other problems you've had to face; unfortunately some assessors report inaccurately, & sadly it's your word against theirs (& their report is not a legal document; just a report). What might take your claim forward is to state clearly the problems you have with either/both the daily living & mobility component as far as PIP goes. The following link is lengthy, but may help you in understanding the 'descriptors' that are looked at; how & where points may be awarded, etc. Please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/personal-independence-payment-assessment-guide-for-assessment-providers/pip-assessment-guide-part-2-the-assessment-criteria

• Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,016 Pioneering
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    Options
    I've just flagged it and put duplicate in the reason box

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.