Identity fraud fear — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Identity fraud fear

Options
starbuck
starbuck Community member Posts: 172 Courageous
I'm not sure if this is the right category but I'm really worried about a mistake I've made. 
I was booking tickets for a show last week and requested a free carer ticket for me to accompany my husband. The venue had an email address to send the proof to and they requested I send the front of my husband's benefits letter. I scanned and sent it but the mailbox was full so I phoned the venue and they said to send the scans over messenger instead. It was only after I sent the post that I panicked and thought I should have blanked out his national insurance number on the letter!!! My family and friends say I'm worrying too much over this and no-one is going to do anything with the information as we hand over proof of disabilities at practically every venue we visit to get a free carer ticket, but my anxiety problems are making me think I've made a terrible mistake and someone could steal his identity because of my mistake! 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,063 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

I agree with your family and friends, we do indeed give proof of our disabilities with benefit letters all the time, i know i do and i've never experienced any problems at all.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • starbuck
    Options
    So even sending it over messenger is ok? I've heard is isn't a very secure way to send things. I guess it's just my usual anxiety overthinking things but you hear so many horror stories of people having their identities stolen  :s
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,063 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've sent things over messenger before and not had any problems. Honestly i'm sure there's nothing to worry about, like i said we show proof of benefits all the time and it shows all our personal details. When you send through email it's the same, we never know who's looking at those personal details but we still continue to do it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • starbuck
    Options

Brightness