PIP Update - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Update

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    @paffuto10 I know right? It's really annoying when people assume and make assumptions. I've also had therapists and a physio assume I have mental health problems because I'm overweight when it's nothing to do with that, I lost 8 stone and feel no better.. the fact is, I was abused and I took the death of my Dad badly, what's so hard to understand about that?

@justdon what? I can't believe someone expected that.. people are so narrow minded sometimes.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 231 Pioneering
    edited October 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
    @justdon That's pretty disgusting, he's not meant to judge people, he's meant to help them.

I do try and speak out if I can and if I feel the need, I feel it helps others to speak out as well.

I'm very sorry you were treated like that and failed by the system. 

Justdon, If you're interested, this is a blog I wrote a while ago with the help of a friend of mine. It obviously doesn't go into full detail of things that happened to me because I don't want to trigger people mental health, plus I can't remember some of it.

https://raiseawarenessblogblog.wordpress.com/

• [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
    Okie dokie, hope you have a good rest :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi everyone, I just wanted to check in and see if we could do anything to support any of you. I know some really difficult things have been disclosed. You are all valuable members. :)
    Scope

• [Deleted User]
    Hi @Chloe_Scope thanks, I often try and get support but I don't seem to get anywhere, a lot of people don't seem to give a stuff about people who have mental health problems, I've even contacted Mind for help and they try and send me here, there and everywhere and the last thing they suggested was the Samaritans who I've also been in touch with previously but their help is limited.

I pretty much sit here with anxiety, depression and pain among other issues on a daily basis, the whole thing with the DWP and Capita haven't helped matters, they've succeeded in making me feel worse if anything.
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
    Agreed, I'm tired of trying to seek help, it took almost 20 years to be referred to a psychiatrist and diagnosed.. and even then treatment hasn't helped. 
  • paffuto10
    paffuto10 Community member Posts: 388 Pioneering
    @Chloe_Scope

Hi and thanks for asking. Still muddling through at this end  :)

Although, I am just going through a bout of either colitis or IBS (don't know which yet until I have further tests). So can only eat about 4 crackers a day until it passes.!!
    Could murder a chicken and chips!!  :p

@WF2k
    You're so right about lack of support for mental ill health. 
    Daughter is having to pay for private therapy for her Borderline disorder and I am on a ten month waiting list for PTSD treatment. 

So annoying when TV programmes depict it as being able to get help immediately!! 

And as you say, dealing with PIP and it's complications as well is just far too much!! x
  • [Deleted User]
    @paffuto10 I agree with you.

when I first started getting help with my mental help (which took how many years of taking different meds), it was much faster and you were given more sessions, like for counselling I had around 26 sessions.

I can't remember how many sessions I had for my first lot of CBT but I know when I tried CBT again I was only given 6 sessions which I didn't complete because the therapist was a bit ugh.

I was also considering going private until they dropped my PIP, there's a nice lady on Scope I was going to do the counselling with.
  • [Deleted User]
  • paffuto10
    @WF2k

Are you waiting for result of MR now?
    Sorry, I've lost track of where you're up to. (fuddled brain today) 

And have you managed to find anything at all (apart from coming on here) to take your mind off things while you're waiting? 
  • paffuto10
    The waiting is the worst!! 
  • [Deleted User]
    @paffuto10 Nah it's ok, my stuff is complicated because the DM made a decision without my GP's report which she was waiting on, I was told it wasn't the final decision but she still sent me a decision letter anyway and Welfare Rights wrote an MR for me which has gone in, so we'll see what happens, I'm hoping she'll see the GPs info and realise the assessor was wrong, but I doubt it, if not and the MR goes nowhere, I'll just appeal, hopefully they don't touch my current award in the meantime.

Thanks @Chobbly that tune is pretty awesome, I'm sat here listening to it while typing this lol. Yeah anxiety is a nightmare to deal with, it's like having a little devil on you shoulder telling you how to think!
  • Chloe_Scope
    WF2k said:
    Hi @Chloe_Scope thanks, I often try and get support but I don't seem to get anywhere, a lot of people don't seem to give a stuff about people who have mental health problems, I've even contacted Mind for help and they try and send me here, there and everywhere and the last thing they suggested was the Samaritans who I've also been in touch with previously but their help is limited.

I pretty much sit here with anxiety, depression and pain among other issues on a daily basis, the whole thing with the DWP and Capita haven't helped matters, they've succeeded in making me feel worse if anything.
    Hi @WF2k

Thank you for sharing this with us. I am so sorry that you feel like this, it cannot be nice to be passed around. I know we don't provide crisis support, but I hope the online community can continue to be there for you.
    Scope

• Chloe_Scope
    paffuto10 said:
    @Chloe_Scope

Hi and thanks for asking. Still muddling through at this end  :)

Although, I am just going through a bout of either colitis or IBS (don't know which yet until I have further tests). So can only eat about 4 crackers a day until it passes.!!
    Could murder a chicken and chips!!  :p

Hi @paffuto10

I imagine this can be very frustrating! I hope the chicken and chips will be waiting for you! If there is anything we can do then please do let us know. :) 
    Scope

• [Deleted User]
    @Chobbly we'll see, it shouldn't have changed period as it was just a review and nothing had changed since my first assessment apart from being diagnosed with fibromyalgia, that's it, I've gotten no better and I still don't take meds or have input just as I didn't when I was first assessed (because they didn't help when I tried meds, counselling etc.) but this time the assessor seems to have made a big deal out of the no meds and no input despite the information provided explaining why that is. I'm not going to continue to take meds and try counselling/CBT when it doesn't help just to appease Capita and the DWP.

Sorry every time I start talking about it I get annoyed and waffle! 
  • paffuto10
    @WF2k

No need to apologise for feeling annoyed and as for waffling, I'm such a waffler you could put jam on me!! 
     ;) 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.