PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

pip reassessment

ollieanddukeollieandduke Member Posts: 165 Courageous
i sent documentation to esa reassessment and i was awarded esa bases on my medical evidence.
if i sent the same evidence to pip reassessment, do they just accept medical evidence or do you definately have to go for a medical assessment with pip

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

PIP and ESA are different benefits with different criteria but you can send the same evidence. Most people have a face to face assessment, it's rare to have a paper based one. My advice is to expect the face to face and if an appointment date is received it won't be too much of a shock. Good luck.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,324 Disability Gamechanger
    Remember PIP is not awarded on a diagnosis or illness or the amount of prescription drugs you are taking, PIP is a benefit to help you with your daily living activities and mobility issues in relation to the PIP descriptiors. So to be able to claim you have a F2F and send with your application supporting evidence of you abilities to preform, cope the PIP descriptiors in a repeatable, safely and in a timely manner. 

• Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,653 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ollieandduke, I hope the other members have been able to help. Please do let us know if we can do anything else!
    Scope

Sign in or join us to comment.