pip reassessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip reassessment

Options
ollieandduke
ollieandduke Community member Posts: 178 Courageous
i sent documentation to esa reassessment and i was awarded esa bases on my medical evidence.
if i sent the same evidence to pip reassessment, do they just accept medical evidence or do you definately have to go for a medical assessment with pip

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,250 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

PIP and ESA are different benefits with different criteria but you can send the same evidence. Most people have a face to face assessment, it's rare to have a paper based one. My advice is to expect the face to face and if an appointment date is received it won't be too much of a shock. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Remember PIP is not awarded on a diagnosis or illness or the amount of prescription drugs you are taking, PIP is a benefit to help you with your daily living activities and mobility issues in relation to the PIP descriptiors. So to be able to claim you have a F2F and send with your application supporting evidence of you abilities to preform, cope the PIP descriptiors in a repeatable, safely and in a timely manner. 

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ollieandduke, I hope the other members have been able to help. Please do let us know if we can do anything else!
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.