Asking fro a decision on the here and now? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Asking fro a decision on the here and now?

Options
stratos
stratos Community member Posts: 33 Courageous
After the DWP sent the assessment report back to IAS for a rework they have returned it and stood by their original points of 8 for DL but also asked for another GP report, with a review in 12 months which will be June of next year.
The DM has a task set to ring me shortly to explain in more detail, however my GP surgery are notoriously slow at sending anything so my question is due to the fact it is up for renewal soon anyway
Can I ask the DM to just go with the decision and points at the here and now ie 8 points and I will renew in June next year and hopefully be awarded the correct points then?
My one and only reason for this is I am now exhausted of it all and cant face the stress of it and at least they have awarded something.
Thank you

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,243 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

I think you need to wait for the the phone call and they will explain in more detail. Are you sure your review is in June next year? That's a very short award if it is.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • stratos
    Options
    Hi Poppy and thank you. It is yes! The assessment report said "due to the degenerative nature of her disease I suspect it will have progressed in a short space of time and recommend a 12 month review" Fingers crossed the DM rings soon.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,243 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No problem. Did you apply in June, which is what's making you think the review will be in June? I would not expect you to have a review just 7 months after the decision's made. What ever your length of award is then reviews are now taking place 6 months before the award is due to end. If for example you're awarded for 2 years then you review will be 6 months before that ends.

Do let us know the outcome once you've received the call. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • stratos
    Options
    thank you again Poppy. I did apply in June, yes, so I automatically thought it would "end" in June of 2020. Will update if and when the DM rings me.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.