Review? Why? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Review? Why?

Hotmai1
Hotmai1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi. I've been sent ESA3 (IBR)  benefit review form, and several follow-up letters. They state that supplying extra information may entitle me to money that they forgot to pay me. Not like this lot to be so generous. I suspect it's also a way that they can use to pay me less. Anyone any experience of this form?
ta.
Hotmai17

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

The ESA3 form is the income related form and filling this in will allow them to assess you for the income related top up on your ESA.

Did you by any chance transfer from Incapacity benefit to ESA many years ago? If you did then DWP made an error and didn't assess people for the income related top up. This means that some people are owed money but some aren't.

You need to fill in the form and return it with all the information they ask for. Whether you're entitled to anything extra will depend on your circumstances.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Hotmai1! Great to have you here. Is there anything else we can do to help?
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.