PiP shutting people down — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PiP shutting people down

GamerGirl37
GamerGirl37 Community member Posts: 97 Pioneering
Apparently the people who make the decisions get paid $50 for turning patients down first time..... what the hell for those with no job no means of getting help and trying everything in their power to get a job they can handle.... 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @GameGirl37, hello and welcome, that's a false statement, and PIP is no a benefit for the unemployed but for those who have a health problem, disability and PIP when awarded to an able-bodied person who meets the criteria for claiming PIP can  still claim PIP and work full time. The claiment may have a mobility issue, problem and unable to walk far but through claiming PIP is able to attend work earn a living and pay his or hers taxes and NI. 
  • GamerGirl37
    Ano , I just hate how they treat people who really need the help 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    No one receives any extra money for claimants being refused PIP. It's the DWP decision makers that make the decisions.

Lots of people successfully claim PIP without any problems at al but we rarely hear the good stories.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • GamerGirl37
    I can’t I can’t understand why that is though all people classed as disabled should receive PIP with no questions asked 
  • GamerGirl37
    That’s stupid 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    That’s stupid 
    Why is it stupid? You can't expect to be awarded a disability benefit just for a disability because not everyone with a disability needs help and support. If you don't meet the criteria then you won't score the points for an award.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • GamerGirl37
    I’m not saying that but when people struggle with making food unsupervised and not being able to manage bills or getting lost without someone there to guide them.... they should be allowed it , I’ve just turned 27 and I still live with my parents and fiancée I had to leave my previous job because my diagnosis was too late 
  • WhileIBreathIHope
    WhileIBreathIHope Posts: 216 Pioneering
    No one receives any extra money for claimants being refused PIP. It's the DWP decision makers that make the decisions.

Lots of people successfully claim PIP without any problems at al but we rarely hear the good stories.
    Really so two Dodgy companies for profit know better than NHS! 
    Lima banned in US states but used here
    UN report and in the news. 
    What a bubble you must live in!
  • WhileIBreathIHope

Really so two Dodgy companies for profit know better than NHS! 
    Lima banned in US states but used here
    UN report and in the news. 
    What a bubble you must live in!
    I do not live in any sort of bubble but i'll thank you for your extremely generous well thought out comment.

As a community champion here on scope i think i know the criteria for claiming PIP and ESA but thanks again.

Enjoy the rest of your night!

Sweetly I got screwed by Direct Payments and DWP, left with nothing and housebound- even the MP couldn’t unravel the mess completely. So while you wear your shiny community champion badge with honour- kindly and respectfully realise you don’t know it all/ can’t fix it all 
  • WhileIBreathIHope
    edited October 2019
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2019
    That’s stupid 
    Why is it stupid? You can't expect to be awarded a disability benefit just for a disability because not everyone with a disability needs help and support. If you don't meet the criteria then you won't score the points for an award.
    I tend to agree - my daughter has epilepsy but fortunately it has minimal impact so she doesn't qualify for benefit.

The budget isn't limitless - If she got PIP it might mean that a more deserving case didn't.
  • GamerGirl37
    yes if you don’t meet the criteria however when you have a diagnosis that proves you cannot do certain things due to your disability , you should be able to get PIP with no hassle , on the final decision I had they scored me nothing for both life skills and mobility - mobility is fair enough but life skills is a load of bull / and my diagnose says that and on my report when I had my meeting to discuss it she wrote it all down - but to receive a letter from the DWP saying I’m able to do all the things and their is no evidence of any learning impairment , sensory issues and they used the companion thing against me saying I seemed calm and not struggling to speak - only cause I had my mother there which they said was allowed ..... 
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    "yes if you don’t meet the criteria however when you have a diagnosis that proves you cannot do certain things due to your disability , you should be able to get PIP with no hassle"

@gamergirl37 - does a diagnosis prove that you cannot do certain things? I don't believe that it does, which is why PIP is about functionality not diagnosis (and it's far from perfect I agree)

Would you say that my daughter qualifies? She has been diagnosed with epilepsy but it has almost no effect. She works full time, and is allowed by DVLA to drive...
  • GamerGirl37
    Yes in a way it does , as it states in my diagnosis I will not be able to do ect , and they have just walked all over the evidence so far , I’m still waiting to hear from my case worker the second time 
  • GamerGirl37
    I didn’t know that wow ....
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Thank you to ALL who posted .....interesting 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.