Tribunal service — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal service

samcohen1984
samcohen1984 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi can anybody help 
I have been to a tribunal hearing and was awarded high mobility for my daughter as she has mental impairment and other special needs .
after waiting for 2 years I attended the tribunal and won my case 
then received a letter from the DLA stating they require statements for reasons and when they receive this they will decide if they will file for an appeal ?? 
I have  been in touch with both parties they have said it’s legal now and basically they have to find a legal point where the decision was made wrong
Also they have said it’s very uncommon for this to happen !!
Mans also this now can be a lengthy process
has any body else been thorough this or herald of this that could please give me advice it would be very appreciated  

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Great news on the DLA win. DWP have the same chance we do to appeal the decision but before they can do this they must first ask for the statement of reasons, which they have done.

Once they receive this they must find an error in law before they can appeal the decision. Requesting the statement of reasons doesn't mean they are appealing the decision. Once HMCTS send them this they then have 1 month to appeal. There's no timescales to how long it will take for HMCTS to send this, they can take as long as they want. The statement of reason has to be typed by the judge and this will be done when they have time to o it.

DWP sometimes request this but as far as i know they rarely appeal the decision. Unfortunately, this will delay paying backdated money owed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @samcohen1984! I hope @poppy123456 has been able to help and please do let us know if there is anything else we can do to help. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.