Hi my name's Kelley and I'm here to ask for some help on my pip reassessment thanks guys x - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi my name's Kelley and I'm here to ask for some help on my pip reassessment thanks guys x

Comments

• kelley1234
    kelley1234 Community member Posts: 39 Pioneering
    Thankyou @spiceman and poppy 123456 i am taking all your advice and I hope that you don't think I'm being rude on here ! That's the last thing I am . I am truly grateful for all your input on these assesments . I'm going to sit down and write a diary today of a typical day in the life of Kelley ? then it won't hurt to take it with me . I can explain to the assessor I kind of loose my self in this assesments and it's just notes to jog my mind incase I forget anything . Hopefully they will understand that ? Thankyou all for your advice . Please if you feel I shouldn't do this would you please comment and let me know . Thankyou xxx
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @kelley1234   Thank you for reply.  No you not rude never imagined ever you are.

Good to hear about the diary and the notes. Give you reassurance, be calming and give you a lot of confidence.

Wish you well for a successful outcome.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • kelley1234
    @thespiceman hi just though update . I got through my pip reassessment. Today with an hour grilling lol but I did it xx mentally worn out now have to prepare myself for my ESA assessment tomorrow ??
  • thespiceman
    Hello @kelley1234   Please thank you for contacting me. Much appreciated.

Hope you are taking it easy. Relaxing music and keeping warm.

I am very proud of you as a community member well done to you. You have done amazing.

I know have the next one. You be fantastic and think positive thoughts.

Wishing you the best always. Sending prayers tonight for a successful positive outcome.

Please if you do not mind keep in touch let me know how you get on.

Thinking of you.  In my heart.

Your friend.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • kelley1234
    @thespiceman thankyou for being so lovely an positive ♥️ honestly I don't know how I'm going to get through today I'm absolutely exhausted . Oh well I'll have a little joke if not I'll cry so let's hope they take one look at me and say look at the state of her shes not fit for work .??well got to have a sense of humour at this tuff time .? I'm hurting so much today . Thankyou for everything speak to you soon?
  • thespiceman
    edited November 2019
    Hello @kelley1234   Good morning  to you and please hope you have a great assessment and think positive thoughts.

Please can I ask do you have some one to go with you. I do understand about being nervous on edge and stressed.

Put the Radio on have this on right now Classic FM nice relaxing soothing music to start the day.

Not high brow or snobby just lovely relaxing.

Have a good breakfast know maybe not feel like eating but if you can some thing to settle the stomach. The anxiety some Eggs scrambled on a toasted muffin .

Or Porridge with Milk and touch of water. Add an Apple and some Cinnamon or mix of Frozen Fruit and Apple.

Anything you feel you can eat. Honey and toast some fruit does help to relax be calming.

Boots energy levels.

Have a pamper start to the day you know you ladies like one.  Just a suggestion a warm bath or shower . Use my self some muscle bath foam. Scented and stimulating .

Thought I would share and care.

Make sure your calm and be confident. Please do not worry. I am here when you need to talk or when you return.

Always after please may I suggest have a treat do something you enjoy.

In my case if the assessment centre near to a shop buy a food treat or a CD .

Just a thought.  Your doing amazing and I am proud of every thing your dealing with.

Please have a good one your in my thoughts. Think confident sending lots of prayers and best wishes.

Your friend.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kelley1234, I really hope your ESA assessment today goes okay!
    Scope

• kelley1234
    Dear @thespiceman thankyou and chloescope  thankyou both I have just got back and had the worst experience . I really need some advice . I was assessed by a male doctor which I requested a female doctor for personal reasons . Basically I have multiple condition but he only focused on my incontinent. He was very rude and made me cry telling me I have hands so I can work !! Basically he told me if I don't have the surgery what I have refused due to my descresion on this surgery he will get my benefits stopped . I'm in a terrible state I don't know what I should do from here's ? Could you give me any advice on this please x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear it was a bad experience for you today. The HCP should definitely not have said those things to you. You could put in a complaint to the health assessment providers but you'll most likely find it will be your word against theirs, sadly.

I would try not to think too much into what was said because they don't make the decisions. It will be very difficult to speculate anything at this point.

You can ring DWP a week from now to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. If you do request it, when you receive it if you don't understand it then come back here and i'm sure someone will help you understand what it means. The ESA assessment report is never easy to understand.

Hopefully it will be nothing to worry about and you'll remain in the same group. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • thespiceman
    Hello @kelley1234   Sorry to hear this.  I am truly sorry you had a bad experience .

I do think my friend @poppy123456 has given you a lot of positivity and lot of excellent advice.

I know today was emotional, difficult and hard to deal with.

I would make a complaint. You could complain to your MP.  They do want to know what you are going through.

Please if I add you done amazing and should be proud of yourself what you have been through.

I know you are this moment felling anxious stressed and on edge.

I think if you can try not to think of today other wise you get upset.

If you start to worry get anxious be effected your mental health.

I am here to suggest might be worth speaking to your GP.  I usually do after any assessments.

They are there to help and give you support.

I had similar incidents myself . Just to reassure you. Give a lot of self esteem.  

Hurts makes you angry. Please try to relax and wait the outcome.  Please if I can add also am here if you wish to offload.

Either here or PM on the private messaging service if you wish to.

You have 25 posts. Done so will be able to talk to me. If you want to.  

Just a gent being caring, concern and being supportive.

Please what ever you are doing please take care of yourself.

Your friend.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • kelley1234
    Thankyou both I'm in quite an emotional state ATM just can't understand how being told I must be operated on and he's giving me one year to have the op or my benefit will stop !! Unbelievable . I will do as poppy says and ask for a report . I think I should ask the dwp if that can happen ? Me being forced into surgery for benefit purpose ?I've had surgery 3 times and really can't take anymore ???? thankyou all for your support xxxx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    The only person that can advise whether surgery would benefit you is your Consultant and not the HCP at the face to face assessment. An adviser from DWP wouldn't be able to advise you on this because they mostly read from a screen.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @kelley1234, I am so sorry to hear this! You deserved so much better and I really hope the advice provided by others will be helpful. I hope you have a lovely weekend and I’ll check in with you on Monday. Take care Kelley.

Scope

• thespiceman
    edited November 2019
    Hello @kelley1234 I do understand this I am sorry it not pleasant to hear this.

Maybe if I can share if you do not mind. Being born with a disability have fingers missing, numerous operations from birth. Till mid teens.

I got told by an Assessor can open a door can work . Told me as I sat here this is I know about me.

Please if I can just add do you think you need to look at accessing support, guidance, advice with your issues. I know I mentioned some links maybe need to consider this.

I know the pain, heart ache the struggles but if you consider the choices getting help and support.

May mean getting someone in your corner to fight for you. Like floating support or anyone else similar.

Then I know you might have the solutions to deal with what you have.

It is a big step but think of this if it helps you to heal is that worth it, scary, frightening of course it is.

Tell me about it .  Have been there.

Please take care.

Keep safe and warm.

Your friend.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • kelley1234
    @ thespiceman I am really shocked what they said to you unbelievable ? I think I'm really going to have to get some support .when I'm in a better place I will have a private chat with you if that's ok . ATM I'm just emotionally exhausted today and need to get my head together but thankyou and we will speak soon. Plus I'm going to see my GP as soon as . Xx
  • thespiceman
    Hello @kelley1234   Thank you for reply. How are you today I hope you feeling better and recovering slowly.

Please contact me anytime you wish to use the Private Messaging service.

Just click on the centre icon of your wall .  First one is notifications, second one messages.  Purple ones.

Put my user name . @thespiceman then that will come to me.

Pleasure to talk to you anytime. 

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @kelley1234. How was your weekend?

I'm really sorry to read how your assessment went (and that you had both your ESA and PIP assessment just a day apart, that must have been really stressful). To reiterate what others have said; the HCP that did your assessment can't decide whether you have to have surgery or not. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • kelley1234
    Hi Adrian scope thankyou for taking time out to reply to my post . Hi I've been off here for a while have had a bad episode of depression . Feeling a bit better now even put a picture on of myself . Just waiting for the dreaded brown envelope ? does anyone know how long reveiw decisions take ? Thankyou xxx
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @kelley1234, sorry to hear you have been feeling like this, glad to hear you are doing a bit better.

Unfortunately it can be hard to say due to backlogs, I hope you aren't having to wait too much longer.

I hope you have a lovely day. :)
    Scope

• kelley1234
    Thankyou chloescope I'm just thinking the worst as I wasn't treated very good so am just waiting for a dreaded brown envelope and worrying how I'm going to manage and get through Christmas food wise .plus I have 3 kids and 2 grandchildren very stressful times xxx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.