Keeping warm this winter - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Keeping warm this winter

13»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Poppy:
    My hot water bottle is called Amy and she is a smaller than average Tibetan Terrier.

The electric thing. I know I will have to pay off anything owing to old company. Spiceman mentioned there may be a leaving fee. I'll check their website but any idea under what circumstances that would apply? 

Another good thing about our hot water bottles. They dont leak. At least not if they're house trained!
    She sounds the perfect hot water bottle and i agree, they don't leak, well most don't ;)

As for any exit fee from your current energy supplier, if you have access to an online account then check that because it will tell you on there. I didn't have one with SSE and it's the same with Octopus energy. Thankfully, i didn't owe SSE any money when i left them.

If you don't have access to online account then you'll need to ring them to ask.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Bettahm
    Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
    Poppy:
    Since I posted I've been searching through paperwork and found my annual statement from them dated 28/10. It says the tariff I'm on is called Price Fix March 2021, and then a few lines down Early Exit Fee - none.
    I'm relieved. Means I'll be switching to Octopus asap, just got to find out what I owe them. Thanks for the info on them, you're a star!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    You're welcome. Just so that you know, you won't know exactly what the final balance is until you give them your final meter reading.

Octopus energy also bill you monthly and ask for monthly meter readings. I find this much better than quarterly bills and meter readings because you know where you are and can keep an eye on those bills much easier. It can also all be done online, as well as contacting them through email. Perfect for those that can't talk on the phone and yes they answer those emails within a couple of hours. Amazing energy company!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Bettahm
    Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm doing that with npower at the moment, paying monthly and giving monthly readings because of all the trouble I had with them last winter. As you said it is easier to keep an eye on things that way. My elec consumption is pretty low I think. Was paying npower 37 a month direct debit for ages till I ran into trouble last winter. Not for the first time because on a previous occasion they gave me a date the bailiffs were coming, all for 93 quid. It may have been bluffing but I was really shook up over it. And the last incident. Will be glad to finally be saying goodbye to them.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2019
    https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme

applications for 2019/2020 have ended now but worth a read as I think it will be open again next year for 2020/21, its worth £140 to those on qualifying benefits and is credited to your electricity account. We have had it going back to 2010/11 
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Birdsnbees
    Birdsnbees Community member Posts: 75 Pioneering
    thanks to everyone for their input - i've changed my energy supplier and broadband now hoping to save a bit. I did also apply to the warm home discount with my current supplier have asked the new one if they can help me sort it with them

Brightness