Got my Mandatory reconsideration notice letter - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Got my Mandatory reconsideration notice letter

Comments

• paffuto10
    paffuto10 Community member Posts: 388 Pioneering
    @GamerGirl37

I know it might be extremely difficult to attend but is there any possibility at all that you could manage? 
    Maybe with your mum or boyfriend? 
  • paffuto10
    Understand what you're saying @poppy123456 but it does seem cruel? 
  • paffuto10
    What about if gamergirl's mum spoke for her? Would that be allowed? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,349 Disability Gamechanger
    They will want to see how you are for theirself, which is why it's always better to attend in person. They are so much more understanding than DWP and the health assessment providers and will listen to what you have to say.

If you can get representation from welfare rights or a law centre then your chances of wining are increased.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • GamerGirl37
    GamerGirl37 Community member Posts: 97 Pioneering
    How would I need to go to obtaining that from the welfare rights or a law centre?? 
  • poppy123456
    Check this link first to see if you have either of those local to you. https://advicelocal.uk/

If you do then ring them and ask if they can represent you for a PIP Tribunal. (if you're at Tribunal stage)  You will still need to answer all the questions yourself so bare that in mind please. Representation means they will present your case to HMCTS in preparation for the hearing and accompany you on the day.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • MobileGames
    MobileGames Community member Posts: 123 Pioneering
    Sorry to hear you got turned down. I strongly urge you to appeal. I had my mum help me with the appeal form. We went through the descriptors and what we disagreed with and why. A person who helps vulnerable people got in touch with a larger CAB and they sent me a consent form for me to sign and post so that they had my accent to a copy of  the appeal bundle from the Tribunal scanned and sent over to them. That was in April. In July they assigned a benefits case worker. They won't be able to put together a written representation until you get a Tribunal date. They'll be able to put together a letter of which descriptors should be raised and why. I tried the welfare rights but they can't deal with the appeal stage due to lack of funding. It may be worth sending off your medical records. My mum wrote to the surgery manager to request them. I got them and sent them off,recorded delivery. My mum got them photocopied. A recent diagnosis is still a diagnosis. Send as much evidence as you can. Perhaps from the person who diagnosed you with autism? They should've considered all of your evidence. When being assessed we all try to stay calm,but inside we are quivering wrecks. People just see the outside. What about what's going on in the inside? The tribunal panel are better qualified and will ask more in depth questions to build up a better idea of how you struggle in everyday life. I'm appealing. Been waiting nearly 8 months,but I am going to have my say. It's important that the tribunal know just how your conditions affect you and that how up and down you are and just how anxious you get and that you don't know what you are going to be like from one day to the next and what's going to trigger you and distress you. People,crowds,noise,change to routine,being away from home,smells,sounds,shouting. Any sensory overload. I don't know much about Autism,but from what I've heard and seen,it can be very dibilitating. Good luck. 
  • paffuto10
    @MobileGames

Brilliant post! 

Much more helpful than my first post yesterday which was more like a rant!!  :/
  • MobileGames
    MobileGames Community member Posts: 123 Pioneering
    @paffuto10. That's okay. I know how distressing the wait for an appeal can be. Hang in there. We are all here to come together and try to offer words of comfort. 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2019
    I'm interested in the part about 'no diagnosis of eating disorder or dietician input'...

What was that in response to?  I have a dieticians letter stating that I'm severely underweight and recommending a prescription of a milk based high calorie shake (which I can't have anyway due to lactose intolerance :facepalm: ) so wondering if that could be used as evidence of food prep issues for my own tribunal?  Clutching at straws maybe as I have almost no evidence to send either!  But this is why we'll both have to attend our tribunals despite it being extremely difficult and causing huge amounts of anxiety, and the other symptoms further caused by that!  I really do think you should at least attempt it considering you have nothing to lose financially. :)

• GamerGirl37
    Yeah I am thinking of attending , but I will need someone to help support my case and I don’t know what’s the best way to go about it 
  • jayne50
    jayne50 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Did you go to assessment alone always take representation with you ,also make sure you get representation to help you with your appeal.as they will penalise you for anything ,good luck 
  • GamerGirl37
    Nope I had my mum with my for the assessment - how do I go about getting representation????? 
  • paffuto10
    @GamerGirl37
    Check this link first to see if you have either of those local to you. https://advicelocal.uk/

If you do then ring them and ask if they can represent you for a PIP Tribunal. (if you're at Tribunal stage)  You will still need to answer all the questions yourself so bare that in mind please. Representation means they will present your case to HMCTS in preparation for the hearing and accompany you on the day.

Poppy put this link on for you  :)
  • poppy123456
    jayne50 said:
    Did you go to assessment alone always take representation with you ,
    Representation for an assessment is very rarely available or needed because advice agencies just don't have the funding for appointments. A family member or friend is always helpful though.
  • poppy123456
    Nope I had my mum with my for the assessment - how do I go about getting representation????? 
    Are you at Tribunal stage or MR stage? If it's MR stage then concentrate on this first because without the MR you can't take it to Tribunal. Put your postcode into the link i gave above.
  • jayne50
    jayne50 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Were I live we have voluntary agency called F.A.C.E who keeps going by donations we are very lucky they are truly amazing . I hope you get the right support I'm sure scope help with PIP .
  • GamerGirl37
    I know I’ve had the MR already I put the picture on here the day I got it 
  • poppy123456
    Sorry about that but i advise so many people here, it's impossible to remember each individual person. Have you put your post code into the link above to see what advice agency is available near you.
  • GamerGirl37
    Yes there is some in town I believe and will be their on Monday 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.