My PIP ISSUE — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My PIP ISSUE

ooakie
ooakie Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited November 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hay all this is going to be a long one so please bare with me. At the start of this year my pip was stopped. Every year I am accessed to see if I am disabled and fall in line of the pip peoples liking. This time round it was a home visit. I was relieved in thinking oh great I dont have to drag myself to the appointment. But it was quite unusual for me to have a home visit. I had left my home how I would normally leave it without help. So in a bit of a red up but not disgusting (I have great issues with my legs so using the vacuum can be hard) but my support help me clean every week anyway. So the woman walks in and introduces herself. Me and my support introduce ourselves. Then the interview begins. Now please bare in mind I had been preparing for this all morning mentally. Making sure I didn't rant on too much and answered yes and no and I explained myself when I felt the need too. My support could jump in any time he felt necessary. But no.. I didn't go as planned. She would put her hand up as if to tell me to be quiet. I wasn't allowed to explain  in depth my problems. That's just the beginning. My support tried to step in and he got the same treatment. She simply put her hand up, like she did to me. To the normal person. If they didn't know me they wouldn't know I had the following problems: severe anxiety, hypersensitivity, PTSD, terrible balance, muscle weakness, bad balance.. the list goes on I can't remember all the professional names to my problems and disabilities. Anyway when it came to the balance test I grabbed the sofa for support. I can't balance for very long. Seconds. She scored me 0 meaning that's fine. Long story short she scored me wrong. I only scored 2 points. I needed 8 to pass I think. I have been on DLA THEN IT CHANGED TO PIP I HAVE BEEN ON THIS BENAFIT SINCE I WAS LITTLE I AM NOW 26. I already had to re apply twice. Luckily I won those battles. But this one seems like the hardest one. As i said my benafit stopped at the start of this year. That was Feb. Now its Sept. Waiting for my court date to fight this. I'm fed up. I never should've been taken off this. I know this is going to be maybe weird to say..

And I don't intend to be mean or sound mean. But even though I'm disabled people see me more capable than most. But I'm stuck in the middle of both worlds. For example. I want to go to college oh I'm sorry we can't help you with your learning disability. Tries to join a disabled club sorry your not disabled enough or I'm to capable. I can see why people think I'm able or even normal. But i am disabled. People think i can work. I could but it would be keeping the job that's the bloody problem. I would work if I could. Every day is different. Let's say for example I worked at Tesco. They'd eventually make me redundent for not always attending. (I get sick lots, I'm not always able, I can't make myself otherwise I'd be sick with stress or just other things) so yeah I'm stuck between two rocks.. any advice or something or views would be appreciated. ???‍♂️

Comments

• ooakie
    ooakie Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    And I got the month wrong..  sorry for that.. I meant this month. My forgetfulness and brain fog is so bad. 
  • Connie00
    Connie00 Community member Posts: 252 Pioneering
    Hi @ooakie :)

My Name is Connie00

I am one off the community Champion’s here at Scope.  it’s really nice to meet you.

A very warm welcome to the Community. so sorry it has taken so long to answer your query

Thank you for reaching out to us, and sharing your story,my goodness you have been treated a tad unfair,to say the least. I think I would have to appeal this, sometimes I think PIP is a postcode lottery (just my own private opinion) I am sorry to hear this though it always upsets me when these assessors don't play fair. please have a look at the following link it might help

https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/challenging-PIP-or-other-benefits-decisions/ 

We are always here to lend support, help, and advise where we can,

If we can be of any assistance to you please don’t hesitate to contact us

@connie00   :) 

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Hello @ooakie. I just wanted to check in and see how you're doing?
    Have you received a date for your PIP tribunal yet? I'm sorry your assessment experience was such a bad one. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.