Want to cry — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Want to cry

Pinkcandy777
Pinkcandy777 Community member Posts: 12 Connected
:( devastated got turned down 4 legal aid 4 divorce. I cant afford a divorce. The doctor did the letter template all wrong now have to go thru the legal aid process again? Suffering panics anxiety tonight. Cant even guarantee that my husband will even make it easy and agree 2 signing papers UGHHHHH

Comments

• northernlass
    northernlass Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    Hi, I hope that you have calmed down a little now?  How does the song go, "pick yourself up, brush yourself down and start all over again".  Good advice, I am sure.  I have not been through the divorce process but it seems to me that you are desperate to get the divorce starting.  Suffering panic attacks and anxiety will not help, and are making things even more devastating.  Learn from the first mistakes, and they will not happen again.  You know your ex better than anyone, I am sure, but get the legal aid first and go from there.  Don't make yourself ill.  All the best. 

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi, I believe mental stress/illness is one of the criteria which entitles you to get legal aid. Having seen others at close quarters go through divorces, I can see how much anxiety it does cause.

Have you separated from your husband now? Was it you, him or mutual that you should divorce? I only ask as you say he may not sign the papers.

With legal aid in place, your solicitor will contact one for him or serve him at his address.

I don't know much more than that love.

Best wishes Polls xx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

You can only claim legal aid for divorce under certain criteria now. Domestic abuse to yourself or your children by your ex is one of them. https://checklegalaid.service.gov.uk/scope/diagnosis/n43n14/n56

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness