Is my UC decision correct? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is my UC decision correct?

Options
fastandfurious
fastandfurious Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi I’ve just had to change over to UC because I’ve moved into the area. Just had my first statement and my total this month to live on is £75. They’ve tooking £500 odd off my payment. One weeks of payment that ESA that fell into my claim time, my advance payment and money for an overpayment which was added onto my DRO which they claim they know nothing about, which they clearly do as they stopped taking the money off and my momentum period ended this September.im having to send a copy of my DRO for proof. They also haven’t added on my money for being unfit. They say I need assessed but I was just assessed December past by ESA so I’m now having to take that letter in on Friday. Even though I told my work coach about it at my interview and she said they would pull the decision through for me. They have totally screwed me over.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

When you were claiming ESA which group were you in please? I'm assuming the advance payment is being paid back monthly? which is what it should be. The ESA payment being deducted is correct. Can't advise about the DRO payment though, sorry.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @fastandfurious! Please let me know if there is anything else we can do to help. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.