Comfy clothes — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Comfy clothes

debbiedo49
debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
edited July 2019 in Coffee lounge

Please post tips for comfy clothes. Personally I love cotton tee shirts and pyjamas. I have fibro which makes me sensitive to lots of Man made fabrics and products. I crash a lot and have chronic pain so I wear comfy clothes. It's easier to dress and undress without buttons etc. But very limiting and costly. So if you have any suggestions or ideas please post. About clothes. Thanks x

Comments

• Tammyjane33
    Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
    @debbiedo49 have you tried wearing loose jumpsuits at all?
    I find them comfortable as I suffer with chronic pain so I know it's important to feel good about yourself but also that your clothing isn't too tight on problem areas. Hope I've helped. :) 
  • drinatrinh2703
    drinatrinh2703 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    edited July 2019
    Hi,
    I think you can try clothing from Inswe. They have many comfortable clothes. And you can try reading reviews about their clothing. Hope it'll help.
    My web page: Inspire Uplift
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    I have found gym leggings really comfortable, they are stretchy and soft and I feel better in them than big jogging bottoms!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Morning @debbiedo49! I too appreciate comfy clothes! The wide fit trousers have been amazing for me. Usually elasticated, soft but also look pretty smart and can get them in a range of colours or patterns!
    Scope

• Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    I got a cotton kaftan when in Turkey years ago ..( An Adidas kaftan ?.).I found it very comfy , no buttons , easy to put on . I am not of a middle east background ( I,m scottish) ...but the full length kaftan is comfy , either as pyjamas or wearing around the house , especially in this warm weather 
  • debbiedo49
    @debbiedo49 have you tried wearing loose jumpsuits at all?
    I find them comfortable as I suffer with chronic pain so I know it's important to feel good about yourself but also that your clothing isn't too tight on problem areas. Hope I've helped. :) 
    Seanchai said:
    I got a cotton kaftan when in Turkey years ago ..( An Adidas kaftan ?.).I found it very comfy , no buttons , easy to put on . I am not of a middle east background ( I,m scottish) ...but the full length kaftan is comfy , either as pyjamas or wearing around the house , especially in this warm weather 
    No I haven't tried jumpsuits as I am tall and round lol hard to get the right size and costly, maybe some time in the future if I shrink lol thanks.
    Yes kaftan would be comfy. I envy Asian type clothing like tunics and pants probably hand made or custom made
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    If you are in the UK I recommend this website http://www.disabled-clothing.co.uk/ 

It is a maker of adaptive clothing for the disabled community. I strongly recommend spending time on the website and seeing what products are available. We have ordered some pairs of lovely incontinence pants in the past from their site.
    They worked well for my boy. If you have any other questions do not hesitate to ask. 
  • debbiedo49
    I've used this one before on sale items
    https://www.cottontraders.com
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    I've used this one before on sale items
    https://www.cottontraders.com
    Is it cheap? What do people say about it? 
  • debbiedo49
    It’s cotton products and it’s reasonsble
  • ndm1209
    ndm1209 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    I think you should try Shein
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @ndm1209. :)
    Scope

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    loose tops with asymmetrical hem to hide outside plumbing

elasticated pull on trousers

and....anyone else do this?......cut my nighties up the back...cant do with clumps of fabric underneath me and pj`s not suitable with SPC.

no ironing allowed either!

it`s all carefully thought out!
  • mrbuttons
    mrbuttons Community member Posts: 221 Pioneering
    I live in my pjs all day. Now its getting cold i wear thick jogging pants with a big,  thick hand knitted arran jumper i got on ebay. I used to be a big fashion victim but as i dont go out very much i no longer make much effort . I stick with what is comfy and warm. If my friends are popping around i wear leggings or yoga pants and an oversized sweatshirt. I prefer natural fibres to synthetics but they can be expensive because i tend to buy from only 2-3 retailers when i buy new clothes, thats why i buy second hand , its cheaper and i know what will fit me.
  • scholarship
    scholarship Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    edited May 2021
    Welcome to the community
    <moderator removed - advertising not permitted on the community>
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @scholarship and welcome to our community you too.

This is an old post you've commented on so you aren't likely to get any responses unfortunately.  To see our latest chat, I'd recommend visiting our recent discussions.

Also, I've removed the hyperlink you included in your post as advertising isn't allowed on our online community - please see our house rules for more information on content that is/isn't allowed.

Many thanks and I hope you have a great day.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Pixie51
    Pixie51 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    I  wear a lot of yoga leggings both supersoft boot cut style and lycra type fitted too. Super comfy and I also use a well known fabric softener ? which keeps it so much better, although restricted to one softener or i end up itching like mad! I also have fibro and can find my skin ridiculously sensitive. Interesting when teaching yoga! I always soak new clothing in softener for a while before wearing. Hope you get sorted it really is a difficult process finding suitable fabric. ?
    Yoga heals the soul ??
  • happyhippygirl
    happyhippygirl Community member Posts: 23 Connected

Please post tips for comfy clothes. Personally I love cotton tee shirts and pyjamas. I have fibro which makes me sensitive to lots of Man made fabrics and products. I crash a lot and have chronic pain so I wear comfy clothes. It's easier to dress and undress without buttons etc. But very limiting and costly. So if you have any suggestions or ideas please post. About clothes. Thanks x
    I wear lounge wear a lot ,has I don’t go out much,I have Fibro to,you can wear in day and in bed,try get the loose fitting ones,
  • veriterc
    veriterc Community member Posts: 241 Pioneering
    If you can't keep warm easily, shop for cashmere or pure wool garments during the sales, as  artificial fibres don't provide the same warmth.  If your skin is compromised, look for natural fibres such as cotton -and also buy silk in the sales - because such skin needs soft breathable fibres - artificial fibres aren't as comfortable.   

Brightness