Menstrual — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Menstrual

Options
madness
madness Community member Posts: 13 Connected
Does any one get confined to bed with fatigue on their period nd major major low mood.  Just been in bed 36 hours

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Hello @madness   Sorry I would not know. As a gentleman of the forum.

I would suggest if experiencing low mood and mental health issues then you need to address those.

I use mental health charities.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

https://www.mind.org.uk.

https://www.rethink.org.

Last one is an advocate charity helps with you getting support and guidance with medical professionals.  Who are not helping but hindering done that lots of times contacted them.

I would please also speak to your GP.  Who can help, advise and be supportive has an access to a range of support.

I got this the other day. Leaflet. Mental health matters type that in you should get access to support and information.

Please if these organisations are not in your area. Please have a look what is available on line.  Good place to start is the NHS website.

Please if I can help, be supportive. I am always here and am one of the community champions of the forum.

Happy to be compassionate, empathy and ready to listen. . Your among friends on this forum.  You are not alone.  Please ask any one on this forum we all support each other.  Any thing you wish to know.

Pleasure to meet you.

Please keep in touch.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I stopped having periods when I was 31, due to hysterectomy. But I remember how awful they made me feel. Do you have a condition which causes deep fatigue as well?

Have you spoken to your GP about it? There may be something he can prescribe to help.

BTW...wonder why it got called MENstrual..when it has nowt to do wi` fellas? Just saying.....
  • Udosdottir
    Udosdottir Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
    Options
    I do not have a disability myself (I am here as a mum), but speaking as a woman: Low mood during period is normal as such. And I used to have so bad cramps with vomiting and all that that I usually skipped a day in school/uni...

But it being "normal" doesn't mean that it can't be helped or no-one should help you. I had doctor's tell me off for that reason. It's normal to break a leg when you fall out of a tree, and still you'd expect help with your broken leg...

I second @pollyanna1052 Go see a GP and chat about it, especially if it occurs regularly. There are a variety of things that can help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @madness, this must be so annoying! I know the menstrual can affect so many things, for me this is often when I have my pain flare ups.

I would echo what other members have said and seek advice from a GP. There might be something they can do to help.

Please let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

• madness
    Options
    I had the mirena Coil 5 years but I still had very extreme moods of rages and general irritableness all the time. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    This must be so annoying @madness! I'd go back to the GP and see if anything else could help. :)
    Scope

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @madness, sorry to hear about your low mood and fatigue.  When I had my periods I experienced this too at times and think a lot of women do too, but yes, best to speak to your GP to see if they can recommend anything.  Now I am going through the menopause I have found that taking a drop of St John's Wort each day has helped with low mood.  I hope you feel better soon.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • madness
    Options
    Thank you for all th replies. Iv had Depressive feelings since my teens. Been in a Psych ward twice in my 20's 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    It sounds like things have been really tough @madness. You're not alone with these feelings and I hope your GP will be able to offer some more guidance.
    Scope

Brightness