Home visit or assessment centre — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Home visit or assessment centre

M_Eandme
M_Eandme Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
When offering me an appointment they said i was open to home visit or assessment centre my choice, i didnt request a home visit, do you take this as a positive or is it normal? 

Comments

• pandora86
    pandora86 Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    Hello, im no expert but considering you gave you the option of home visit could be based on the evidence you send in about your condition. I believe they don’t tend to do these very often! Gd luck
  • M_Eandme
    Oh thanks, i went for assessment centre as it would be 4 week wait for home visit, 1 week wait for assessment centre and just wanted to get it over with, as mine has just ran out this month  so waiting for decision now 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @M_Eandme, a home visit is not given as standard, but if your evidence suggests that you would struggle getting to an assessment centre then it can be offered.

It should have no baring on the end outcome. I hope it all goes well and please do let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

• M_Eandme
    Thanks i will do, im strughling with the wait as i went through to tribunal last year with it all 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry about this @M_Eandme, I appreciate how tiring and frustrating they can be! We have a lot of members who have been through this process so please do let us know if there is anything else we can do. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.