Pip assessors report - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessors report

Options

Comments

• pandora86
    pandora86 Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    Options
    @stratos thank you for your reply! 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,014 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's not unusual for your local council to receive information before you receive the decision because DWP do share information with them. If she does lose her Enhanced mobility award then this wouldn't affect any housing benefit. It's the daily living award that affects it.

Your mum can ring DWP to ask what the decision is, if it's made they will tell her. Hopefully the decision letter will arrive soon.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • pandora86
    Options
    @poppy123456 thank you. I will contact them for her! 
  • pandora86
    Options
    Hello, update: mums received her pip decision, enhanced daily living, however she got standard mobility by just 2 points away from enhanced.

this was expected as i did mention in my previous posts due to having a look at the assessors report. However we do not agree and wish to apply for a MR. 

How do i best go about this? Shes only just recently taken a nasty fall from a dizzy spell just by stepping out the front door alone, surely she is not capable of “planning and taking a journey unaided”.

i will get the hospital discharge letter which states what had happened. She never goes to any of her appointments alone (not sure how id evidence that) Is there any other evidence i can gather? 

thanks
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You now have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the MR. This should be put in writing stating where you think she should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time she attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to her.

Do be aware that they can only take into consideration her condition at the time the decision was made. Any worsening of condition after this date will not be taken into consideration by DWP and Tribunal.

Even though most MR decision's remain the same there is a chance that she could lose the award she already has by requesting the MR, as well as her award being increased.

Whether she would score any points for following and planning a journey will totally depend on how her conditions affect her. If she's claiming for a physical condition then she won't score any points in following and planning a journey and the falls aren't part of the criteria.

Falling will count if she's claiming because of a cognitive issue, sensory impairment and falling from epilepsy, otherwise falls come under the moving around part.

What's the reason she needs someone with her when she's go out, is it because of the falls? if so then again that doesn't count under following and planning a journey.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • pandora86
    edited October 2019
    Options
    @poppy123456 thank you for your rapid response. 

The reason she does not go out alone is because she is scared to communicate with anyone as worried she will say the wrong thing (her understanding is not great) as in the past it has happened where she answers wrongly to questions and then feels embarrassed that people are laughing at her or talking about her behind her back (which they aren’t) and this causes panic attacks, she is scared for her life that something or someone is going hurt her (steal her bag/harm her), she is scared of falling ill or falling over with no one to help (shes fallen over previously), and also incase she wets/soils herself. 

Her medications are quite strong and some to the point make her extremely drowsy and confused, she gets lost very easily even in a familiar location and suffers from panic attacks several times a day.

she is currently on anti depressants and anxiety tablets for these conditions alongside other medications for other physical issues she has.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @pandora86, how are you doing? I imagine it's draining on you to go through the process with your mum.

Here is some information about the Mandatory Reconsideration process that you might find helpful.
    Scope

• Chloe_Scope
    Options
    Hi @pandora86, thank you for updating us. 

The next stage will be a MR which you have a month request this. Many members of the community have been through this so I hope we will be able to advise you.

Here is some information about the Mandatory Reconsideration process. You will have to give 2-3 real life examples about how your mum meets the criteria. This also can be done online.

It's important to not pull them up on the lies, but just use an example of a real life situation.

If you need any further guidance then please do let us know. :)

Scope

• pandora86
    Options
    Hello everyone, just updating on my mums claim. We sent the MR form yesterday along with a few real life examples and a letter from gp stating she has a history of anxiety and depression (as this was what they were stating -that mum did not seem she suffered from anxiety) hopefully it all goes well and she is awarded the enhanced mobility rate as she only missed out by 2 points, please wish her luck!

good luck to anyone who is also in the MR or appeals process. Its all so very stressful! My mum looks as though shes aged 10 years in 2/3 months! 
  • Joanne_Alumni
    Joanne_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 188 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @pandora86

We wish you and your mum the best of luck!

Let us know how you get on. 
    Joanne 
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    Good luck to you and your mum @pandora86! Please do let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

• pandora86
    Options
    Hello, its me again. Nothing yet from the MR. However today my mum received a care plan and alot of details was in this letter from her initial psychiatric appointment, outlining her condition and findings of the psychiatrist. Can i send this in as extra evidence now or do i have to wait for them to write to us first about the MR decision? Thanks
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    Hi @pandora86, it might not get there in time, but I guess there is no harm in sending a copy of the report (I'd certainly keep the original) as it could be beneficial.

You also could ring up and tell them more evidence is being sent. :)
    Scope

• pandora86
    Options
    @Chloe_Scope thank you! Yes i will call tomorrow. As the report really does outline my mums psychological health issues. I was just wondering whether they would accept further evidence x
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It maybe too late to send that evidence now but as @Chloe_Scope advised, there's no harm in trying.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    Please let us know how you get on @pandora86. :)
    Scope

• pandora86
    Options
    @Chloe_Scope i called them
    this morning and they said as a decision still has not been made we have time to send in the extra evidence. Thanks
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    That's great @pandora86! I really hope the report helps. :)
    Scope

• Chloe_Scope
    Options
    Hi @pandora86, how are you getting on? :)
    Scope

• pandora86
    Options
    Hi @Chloe_Scope i sent in my mums new evidence and were just still waiting!! Probably wnt hear until end of dec or jan

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.