PIP - Change of Circumstances help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP - Change of Circumstances help

js2119
js2119 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi all,

I was wondering if someone is able to help me.

Yesterday I wrote to the DWP confirming a chagge of circumstances as help I need with 3 activities has now increased so have written why it has got worse with those activities and the help I need along with a supporting letter from my mum who is more or less my carer and does alot of caring duties for me so knows how it affects me day to day and when we did the original claim form back in june 2017 she did the same type of letter. My therapist has also given a letter confirming the support and how in her view the conditons affect me. 

A bit of background, my PIP claim went through assessment, MR, appeal and won standard rate daily living until June next year.

I have Panic disorder, anxiety, depression, panic attacks, agorophobia, social and generalised anxiety, seasonal affective disorder, S.H. thoughts and things like that all recorded and evidenced on my original claim form.

I was therefore wondering what the enxt steps are bearing in mind one of the changes is I cant deal with friends, fmaily or health professionals face to face or make eye contact so only deal with my GP on their online system and my thereapist by im so will hopefully be ok but just want to know if anyone has experienced something similar and what to expect next?

I hope to hear some replies soon

Jake

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You say you wrote reporting a change of circumstances? did you fill out another form? or just write a letter? sorry but your question isn't clear.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • js2119
    js2119 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi and thank you for the reply and I'm sorry for that it is a habit of mine of not making sense dont worry!

Yeah so literally it is just a letter yesterday telling them so no new forms or anything (yet) just me writing the letter.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    Once they do receive that letter then you should be sent more PIP2 forms but it could take a while for this to happen. It would have been better to ring or for someone else to ring to report those changes.

Once you receive those forms you'll need to fill them in with as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you, adding a couple of examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Any relevant evidence should be sent to support your claim, even if you sent it with the letter you recently wrote.

Expect another face to face assessment because most people have them, it's rare to have a paper based assessment. It's basically the same process it was the first time you applied.

There's no timescales how long the process takes but it will very likely be longer because you wrote the letter rather than ringing. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.