Moving — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Moving

tinka1992
tinka1992 Community member Posts: 97 Connected
edited November 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
So i have just accepted new flat down sizing I have ended my current tenancy today but have give 4weeka notice I am.on unvical credits the question is when can I add my.new landlord onto to my unvical credits as my assessment period doesnt finshen till 20th of this month any advice please as my heads going round and round as on housing benefit u didnt need to worry 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    When I moved I was told I couldn't put new address and tenancy down until I had actually moved so I did it day after moving 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Yes, you will need to wait until you've moved. If you're privately renting then you will need your tenancy agreement when you report the changes.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tinka1992
    tinka1992 Community member Posts: 97 Connected
    My worker phoned up I have to report the change on Monday I hate uc so stressing 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    If you haven't yet moved then you don't report the changes until then, this is because the changes haven't yet happened. You've given your notice to end your current tenancy but it's doesn't officially end until you've moved out and started your new one.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tinka1992, how are you getting on? :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.