Veteran old PIP claim cancelled starting New — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Veteran old PIP claim cancelled starting New

Charo
Charo Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hello, so I was claiming PIP and I updated them that I was on more medication, this then triggered anassessment.... 

- I have become reclusive
- I have severe anxiety

I finally got a home visit, but on that day my partner who is my career had to go to her dad's as he had, had a fall. I heard the knock, I was stood there, I froze and hid. 

This then voided my claim. 

I am ex service, I was in Afghanistan and blown back after my mate triggered an ied. I was 19 and I had just seen his leg.... I'm sure you know...

I have started a tribunal for this old claim, whilst starting a new claim. I have been told you all can give me good advice moving forward. 

Thanks

Comments

• Charo
    Hello, so I was claiming PIP and I updated them that I was on more medication for my PTSD, this then triggered an assessment.... 

- I have become more reclusive
    - I have severe anxiety/memory problems
    - triggers/flashbacks
    - sciatica severely worsened

I finally got a home visit, but on that day my partner who is my career had to go to her dad's as he had, had a fall. I heard the knock, I was stood there, I froze and broke down. 

This then voided my claim. As they reconsidered and my reasons for not going through with the home visit were not satisfactory for them! I appealed the decision and the mandatory reconsideration team upheld the decision.

I am ex service, I was in Afghanistan and blown back after my mate triggered an ied. I was 19 and I had just seen his leg.... I'm sure you know...

I have started a tribunal for this old claim, whilst starting a new claim. I have been told you all can give me good advice moving forward. 

Thanks
  • Charo
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Charo and welcome to the community. How long have you been waiting for your tribunal?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Charo, how are you doing today? :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.