Forum Access Problem — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Forum Access Problem

Bettahm
Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
Is it affecting everybody? I couldn't get on at all yesterday. I keep it signed on on this phone but it had signed me off and I couldn't get back on with my password. Changed the password this morning and got on but when I came off and tried to come on again it asked for the password, when its kept signed on to save entering each time. So I'm on now, but will try again later.
Maybe it's just my phone. A security thing or something, so would be interested to know if anyone else having problems.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,321 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I was logged out 2 days ago and when i entered my password (it's saved on my computer) it said that admin had changed it. I had to change my password via a link sent to my email address. It worked of course and i've had no problems since. I do know that a couple of others had the same issue, i don't know if it was a glitch or not but I'll tag admin to see if they have any answers to this.

@Chloe_Scope @Adrian_Scope any help would be appreciated please.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Franstrahan and thank you for the tag @poppy123456.

Over the weekend it appears some changes have been made to the forum software which has resulted in members being prompted to reset their passwords in order to log in.

I want to stress that despite what the notification states, no changes have been made to your account, but we're really sorry for any inconvenience or frustration this has caused.

If anyone is having difficulties with logging in, or needs help resetting their password, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us by emailing community@scope.org.uk
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • poppy123456
    @Adrian_Scope thanks for that! I thought that may have been the likely cause but i seen a couple of others wondering too and really wanted to put their mind at rest more than anything else. :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Bettahm
    All working fine now, thanks for the sign at the top here Adrian. At least I'm back on site, and it's not a problem with my phone for a change!
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Glad to hear things are up and running again @Franstrahan!
    Scope

• Jean Eveleigh
    Jean Eveleigh Scope Member Posts: 183 Pioneering
    I had the same issue as Poppy but when I was on the password reset I just reentered my normal password and it let me it without any issues.
  • Bettahm
    It just shut me out again. I requested a password change, used the same password as before, and I'm back in. Are we all having problems with this? A gremlin in the system!
  • poppy123456
    edited November 2019
    No further problems here. There's a new notice at the top of the page for anyone that's experiencing issues advising them to email the scope team at the following email address. community@scope.org.uk I'd advise you to do this if the problems continue.
  • Bettahm
    Poppy:
    I've emailed. Just in case it becomes a major problem and we're all getting regularly shut out. Hope they can find what's causing it.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    I had the password change request at weekend; I use safari as my browser, and the scope forum is very "glitchy" i often have to click on my favourites  several times to get access and other odd things happen.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Bettahm
    Woodbine:
    Coincidence. I access the internet on my mobile phone and have noticed I can click on something and nothing happens. So in my case tap screen with finger two or three times before it goes there. Thought it was the phone playing up but perhaps not.
  • poppy123456
    Poppy:
    I've emailed. Just in case it becomes a major problem and we're all getting regularly shut out. Hope they can find what's causing it.
    Software changes over the weekend caused the issue.

Yes, sometimes the forum does have issues and this causes people to post the same thread multiple times because they think nothing's been posted, when it has. This issue has been happening for a long time.
  • Bettahm
    Poppy:
    Ok thanks for that. At least I know the problem is not with my phone.
    It didnt shut me out this morning but did need me to sign in again when I keep it signed in. No problem.
  • poppy123456
    No problem. The issue this morning could easily have been your phone's connection being lost at some point over night and most likely nothing to do with scope.
  • mrbuttons
    mrbuttons Community member Posts: 221 Pioneering
    Is it affecting everybody? I couldn't get on at all yesterday. I keep it signed on on this phone but it had signed me off and I couldn't get back on with my password. Changed the password this morning and got on but when I came off and tried to come on again it asked for the password, when its kept signed on to save entering each time. So I'm on now, but will try again later.
    Maybe it's just my phone. A security thing or something, so would be interested to know if anyone else having problems.

Ive had a similar issue about 5-6times. I keep myself signed in too, since no one else uses my gadgets. I wondered if id been chucked off the forum for breaking a rule, i got right upset with myself.until i stopped and had a think that it might be a software glitch and not me. :/

• Bettahm
    MrButtons:
    That crossed my mind too. They've chucked me off!! Especially on Sunday when I couldn't figure out what was happening. Then I started blaming my mobile, until I thought, maybe its them.....Gremlins in the system.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi everyone, we are currently having a problem with passwords due to the software we use updating something. If you have any issues at all then please email the community on community@scope.org.uk, we have a bit of a backlog with this affecting a lot of people, but will try get back to you ASAP.
    Scope

• Bettahm
    Wow. I've had no problems for maybe a couple of days now, but looks like its 'spread'. If that's the right word.
    Good Luck everybody
  • Chloe_Scope
    Luckily it is not spreading, just depends if people haven't logged on this week. :)
    Scope

Brightness