Assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment

maza
maza Community member Posts: 38 Connected
Had my 3rd assessment in just over a year last week but this one seemedto be different. Before i was asked to get up on a bed and had my blood pressure, pulse and peak flow taken but this time i didnt have any of that. The young lady only asked about my problems with mobility due to lung problems and then said she was going to talk with her manager. When she came back she said i could go. Was only in about 10-15 mins. Cant decide if this is good or bad sign. Any opinion appreciated. M.x

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I've been claiming ESA since 2013 and i've never had my blood pressure checked during any work capability assessment.

It's really impossible to predict anything at this stage, i'm afraid. All you can do is wait a week and request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you by ringing DWP. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.

There's no timescales for decisions but hopefully you won't be waiting too long.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • maza
    One of my illnesses is high blood pressure so maybe thats why its been taken before. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @maza, I'm sorry we cannot give you a timescale, but please do let us know when you have a decision. :)
    Scope

• maza
    Will do. I just get so stressed. Had my esa stopped last year on 28th nov and got first payment of universal credit on 22 jan and get so worried about same thing happening xx
  • Chloe_Scope
    I really hope this doesn't happen again @maza!
    Scope

• maza
    Still waiting with fingers crossed. Been 1 year since i first had it stopped xx
  • Chloe_Scope
    Fingers crossed @maza!
    Scope

• maza
    Well good news is my lcwra is being continued after my assessment so at least i will be safe untill after xmas. Will see how long it lasts this time. That is 3rd time in a year. Hope you all have a very nice xmas M x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news! :)you can be re-assessed anytime after 3 months but 3 times in one year is ridiculous.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • maza
    Thank you. I know even the girl that assessed me said it was ridiculous especially since i have had pnuemonia twice this year and sepsis once. And i am 64 years of age. Its been a terrible year but hopefully be bit better this xmas. Mx
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Sorry they've reviewed you so often @maza, I agree it's ridiculous! I'm glad to hear they've continued your LCWRA. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • maza
    Thank you. At least i can relax till after xmas. They stopped my esa last year in nov and i didnt get a uc paymant till jan. Mx
  • Chloe_Scope
    Really glad it is all sorted for the time being and you can relax over Christmas!
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.