Wellbeing Service — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Wellbeing Service

Options
Bettahm
Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
I have found out now that the service they offer varies enormously depending what county you live in. I live on the county line, and rang my nearest MIND for help and advice. They are in the neighbouring county. They gave me the link for Wellbeing in that county, and there you can access counselling services with them, CBT and similar therapies. I rang them but was told as I'm over the border I have to go to Wellbeing in the county I live in. Here, they offer no counselling or related therapies. (I was referred to Wellbeing last winter and they did nothing). Why is it like this? Why the major difference from county to county? 

Comments

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What do they offer in your county if no CBT?  

I've only recently heard about the Wellbeing service, self referred and had an assessment last week.  Now waiting to hear back what treatment they will offer.  Was told it'd likely be an online thing to start (urgh, more generic rubbish that won't be relevant for my specific & less common issues) but after that will almost certainly be CBT.  

The reason it's different between counties is it's not a national NHS thing, it's down to the local councils, what they can afford and the way they use their budgets.  The MH services in my area are particularly poor so I'm surprised yours can't even offer CBT!
  • Bettahm
    Options
    OverlyAnxious:
    This is a retirement area so a large elderly population. So if Wellbeing is council run that explains the services they offer here. Help in the home after discharge from hospital, help getting out and about in the community, help with daily living etc.
    I was referred to them by the local vicar. My case worker visited once, and then used to ring up maybe once a fortnight to see how I was. Even she said I dont think theres anything I can do for you.
    So here, they are geared up to cope with the majority of the local population.
    Last resort is I'll have to move!
    Wondering if Social Prescribing will be any different.......
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    So sorry to hear there has been such a lack of services and that they differ so significantly. Please do keep us updated and let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

• Bettahm
    Options
    So sorry to hear there has been such a lack of services and that they differ so significantly. Please do keep us updated and let us know how you get on. :)
    I was amazed to find that out. A few miles down the road, Wellbeing would have offered me counselling and CBT possibly. Here, nothing. I'm still searching, but seems we only have Steps2Change here, and I have emailed them. Oh and one of the ones Ren gave me too, so waiting to hear there.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Glad you are able to explore other options @Franstrahan and please do let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

• Bettahm
    Options

Brightness