Home visiting organisations to help fill out benefit forms — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Home visiting organisations to help fill out benefit forms

BexHux
BexHux Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have serveral disabilities, I am unable to use CAB help as I have major anxiety and physical limitations when outside of my home, I havent left my house to go anywhere without a trusted person since I was a teenager, I am now 50 years old, I was wondering if anyone knows of any organisation that would come to my home to help me with my benefit forms.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2019
    Hello @BexHux   Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear the problems you are experiencing.  I am myself have anxiety myself and do know it is important to find support to deal with what you have and are coping with..

I am one of the team of community champions. We help and advise members who join the community.

Please may I suggest you could speak to a mental health charity.

This is the one I used.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

Please may I advise it is always best to consider and be beneficial getting any support, guidance and advice with your mental health.

Many charities offer coping methods and strategies.

Education and knowledge with sleep, medications and other health issues related to anxiety.  Wellbeing and additional signposting. Also help and support at assessments or any meetings regarding medical professionals.

Help with anything benefits or job centres or employment.

They do take clientele with additional disabilities or conditions as well having mental health .

I am sorry this is happened to you . Struggled my self but used the above charity to help me on the way to recovery.

To reassure you and give you confidence and self esteem.

The only problems are might not be in your area.

I hope that helps you please if I can help or advise or be supportive please get in touch.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Put this postcode into this link to see what's local to you. https://advicelocal.uk/

May i ask what form you need help with?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @BexHux and a warm welcome to the community. :)
    Is there a particular benefit form you're having trouble with? Fortunately there are some organisations that offer home visit services so hopefully you'll be able to find one using the link Poppy provided. 

If we can be of any help at all, please don't hesitate to ask. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Joanne_Alumni
    Joanne_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 188 Pioneering
    Hi @BexHux,

I hope that you have managed find someone to help you at home with the forms.

If you are still struggling, the DWP do have a home visiting team and I have actually heard some very positive things about them recently. You have to ring them and request a visit.

If you have any specific questions or would just like to talk through the form with someone, you could ring our Helpline on 0808 800 3333. It is a free call and the advisers would be happy to help.

Joanne 
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.