What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Home visiting organisations to help fill out benefit forms

BexHuxBexHux Member Posts: 1 Listener
I have serveral disabilities, I am unable to use CAB help as I have major anxiety and physical limitations when outside of my home, I havent left my house to go anywhere without a trusted person since I was a teenager, I am now 50 years old, I was wondering if anyone knows of any organisation that would come to my home to help me with my benefit forms.


  • thespicemanthespiceman Member Posts: 6,408 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2019
    Hello @BexHux   Pleased to meet you.

    Thank you for joining and sharing.

    Sorry to hear the problems you are experiencing.  I am myself have anxiety myself and do know it is important to find support to deal with what you have and are coping with..

    I am one of the team of community champions. We help and advise members who join the community.

    Please may I suggest you could speak to a mental health charity.

    This is the one I used.


    Please may I advise it is always best to consider and be beneficial getting any support, guidance and advice with your mental health.

    Many charities offer coping methods and strategies.

    Education and knowledge with sleep, medications and other health issues related to anxiety.  Wellbeing and additional signposting. Also help and support at assessments or any meetings regarding medical professionals.

    Help with anything benefits or job centres or employment.

    They do take clientele with additional disabilities or conditions as well having mental health .

    I am sorry this is happened to you . Struggled my self but used the above charity to help me on the way to recovery.

    To reassure you and give you confidence and self esteem.

    The only problems are might not be in your area.

    I hope that helps you please if I can help or advise or be supportive please get in touch.

    Please take care.



    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,258 Disability Gamechanger
    MIND, local authority welfare rights, some Citizens Advice, law centres - all will come to you.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger

    Put this postcode into this link to see what's local to you. https://advicelocal.uk/

    May i ask what form you need help with?

    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,968

    Scope community team

    Hi @BexHux and a warm welcome to the community. :)
    Is there a particular benefit form you're having trouble with? Fortunately there are some organisations that offer home visit services so hopefully you'll be able to find one using the link Poppy provided. 

    If we can be of any help at all, please don't hesitate to ask. 
    Senior Community Partner
  • Joanne_ScopeJoanne_Scope Scope helpline, Scope adviser Posts: 190 Pioneering
    Hi @BexHux,

    I hope that you have managed find someone to help you at home with the forms.

    If you are still struggling, the DWP do have a home visiting team and I have actually heard some very positive things about them recently. You have to ring them and request a visit.

    If you have any specific questions or would just like to talk through the form with someone, you could ring our Helpline on 0808 800 3333. It is a free call and the advisers would be happy to help.

Sign in or join us to comment.