Please advise — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Please advise

Options
jennyjlo
jennyjlo Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited November 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
hello and good morning  i have a ? I am receiving ESA contributed for over 5 yrs I had to change over to UC last yr as me and my husband split I told them everything and I was getting ESA they did my claim but which they stopped but was told it would go back into my bank with arrears fine I said I have looked onto my UC and I get the limited capability for esa now the problem is I am still receiving ESA even though they know I'm on UC they deduct the amount I have and now I receive pip on high mobility and standard care can some one please advise I hope I have explained my self properly 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @jennyjlo, if you're still receiving ESA alongside your UC, it'll be because part of your ESA is contribution-based. This will be deducted £ for £ out of your Universal Credit, but you should also have LCW or LCWRA (depending on whether you were previously in Support Group or WRAG on ESA). Your PIP won't make any difference to your Universal Credit or ESA claim and will be paid to you separately. I hope that helps, but if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • jennyjlo
    jennyjlo Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    ty so much so I know im doing nothing wrong then phewwww
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    No problem and I'm glad I was able to reassure you! :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.