Fit for some sort of work????? - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fit for some sort of work?????

Comments

• fatherinpain
    fatherinpain Community member Posts: 177 Courageous
    Is the 3 months for lcw & lcwra?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,349 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    This includes any timescale given my the Tribunal, you can still be re-assessed anytime from 3 months.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • fatherinpain
    Many thanks it’s not designed to be easy to understand 
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. I agree, the benefits system is complex indeed.
  • fatherinpain
    edited November 2019
    So @Adrian_Scope @poppy123456 tribunal day tomorrow, just received a call been cancelled, no info on when to expect it to be relisted any advice would be helpful. I’m fuming that they left it so late in the day. Also dwp called last Thursday stating we wanted to award you the points for mobility as the evidence you have sent should entitle you to more but the assessment provider has told us not to. I asked if the call was recorded so I could get a copy of the lady stating this but was told it wasn’t.  To me this whole system is very much broken
  • poppy123456
    I'm sorry to hear that, sometimes these things happen and a hearing needs to be canceled. There could be many reasons why, one of them could be that the judge isn't well and this certainly can't be helped. Hopefully, it won't be too long before you have another date.

Hmm, DWP wanted to award you mobility part but the HCP told them not to? Are you sure?. i've never heard of this happening before.
  • fatherinpain
    That is what she said that’s why I wanted either the recording of the call or transcript, she said only incoming calls  to the initial call Center are recorded. For the record I get standard mobility it was the points for going places that are in dispute, they wanted proof of how I’m affected after nearly being killed physiology wise which was sent via tribunal service. 
  • poppy123456
    Going places? do you mean following and planning a journey?

What about the daily living part?
  • fatherinpain
    Yes planning a journey. Daily living is enhanced. Which bizarrely does include my forgetfulness regarding taking medication 
  • fatherinpain
  • poppy123456
    All you can do is wait for another date, i'm not sure what other advice you want?
  • fatherinpain
    Well @poppy123456 I answered the question you asked me to which there was no response.  Here is another one for you. How can I be scored points for how my head affects daily living but not for mobility without a diagnosis? Do understand that I left for dead after being brutally attacked by a complete stranger resulting in subdural haemotoma swelling brain. I had to have a skull plate removed to relieve the swelling and two drain holes drilled into back of head. But it’s ok we will give you points because you are reminded to take your tablets, but we feel you can go somewhere you don’t know unaided because that will not cause you any panic or destress. And on a side note I have called pip about that phone called there is no recording but a note to say I have explained to mr xxx that I have tried to get hp to look again at mobility but was unable to change award
  • poppy123456
    edited November 2019
    There's not always any answers so i didn't reply. Daily living and mobility are 2 completely different parts of PIP and you don't need a diagnosis to be awarded PIP. It's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.

Some people are awarded one part but not the other. It just depends on the individual person. I can't comment or advise you on what you should be awarded because despite how awful it is what happened to you, i still don't know exactly how your conditions affect you.
  • fatherinpain
    In a way I’m lucky I can walk n talk, my parents were told to expect the worst and if I did come round I wouldn’t be able to walk or talk because the area of brain that was damaged controls most of these functions. I’m unintentionally aggressive in my tone but can be snappy very forgetful can not look anyone in the eye cannot maintain a conversation mix n slur words. Get dizzy if I moved head to fast. I’m fine with things I know but get stressed with things I don’t which then makes daily chronic headache unbearable which renders me useless until it eases. Then we have spine injury and ra with daily flare ups which is far wise since injuring my spine rheumatologist has stated in a report I’m getting more flare ups waist down as I’m compensating for the back injury. So @poppy123456 there is a rough idea 
  • poppy123456
    Thanks for trying to explain your conditions and i'm sorry to hear you're dealing with all that.

However, i'm afraid i still can't tell you what you should or maybe awarded. I'm not an expert, i'm just a community champion here on scope that volunteers my time to others.

No one on an internet forum can tell you tell you whether you'll be successfully awarded any mobility part. In the meantime all you can do is wait for another hearing date, hopefully that won't be too much longer.

Unfortunately, i can't help you any further at this time but i wish you good luck with your Tribunal.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @fatherinpain - I 'think' I can understand your frustration as I have a little understanding of your undoubted medical problems. However, take this as a chance to be objective before your Tribunal. Not at all easy I'm sure. You need to stand back, & think how a Tribunal may better understand your problems. The 2 parts as far as PIP go are separate as you know; daily living & moving around. On the one hand it's commonsense that if your daily living has been acknowledged to be affected, then so too may the 'moving around ' component. However, the onus is upon you to better explain this.
    Have you looked at the 'descriptors?' Here's a link to this indicating where points may be gained, which is what you need to do. See: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/personal-independence-payment-assessment-guide-for-assessment-providers/pip-assessment-guide-part-2-the-assessment-criteria
    A better understanding about this (& my apologies if you already know) 'may' further your case.
    As @poppy123456 has said, no-one, even in such a great internet forum as Scope, can say/suggest whether you should receive any component of PIP. Please be kind, she has helped many, many, people due to the knowledge she has learnt about benefits hoping to help others. Sadly, there's not one 'cookie size fits all' as an American neurosurgeon I know says. She has advised you as best she can.

• fatherinpain
    Hello @chiarieds the frustration is because of the phone call I received from the pip lady and the fact I cannot get a transcript/ recording of it. The sarcastic mmm never heard this before like I’m making it up has made me feel quite aggrieved and wish I could prove that I am not but like I stated above she left a note on the system 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2019
    Morning @fatherinpain, I'm so sorry that they cancelled the tribunal at the last minute! I appreciate how frustrating this must be, especially when combined with the phone call.
    I really hope you get a new date soon!
    Scope

• fatherinpain
    I have now submitted a SAR asking for full copy and transcript of calls between dwp and myself and will endeavour to prove what was said to me by dwp 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.