Being hassled by Job Centre — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Being hassled by Job Centre

Options
angeladean25
angeladean25 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
My partner handed in sick note and I work 16.5 hours a week and job centre still bugging him every two weeks is this correct

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @angeladean25 - Welcome to the community. I'm unable to answer your query, but will ask @poppy123456 if she would please try & help you.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

I'm assuming you're both claiming Universal Credit, is that correct? If so then i'm afraid a fit/sick note doesn't automatically entitle your partner to limited capability for work. What is expected of your partner will depend on their claimant commitment.

It's a work coaches discretion whether or not they turn off work commitments when sending in sick notes. Some will reduce them, few will turn them off completely.

How long has your partner been handing in fit notes? have they been referred for a work capability assessment yet?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @angeladean25 and welcome to the Community.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.