Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Being hassled by Job Centre

angeladean25angeladean25 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2019 in Universal Credit
My partner handed in sick note and I work 16.5 hours a week and job centre still bugging him every two weeks is this correct

Replies

• chiariedschiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 8,549 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @angeladean25 - Welcome to the community. I'm unable to answer your query, but will ask @poppy123456 if she would please try & help you.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

I'm assuming you're both claiming Universal Credit, is that correct? If so then i'm afraid a fit/sick note doesn't automatically entitle your partner to limited capability for work. What is expected of your partner will depend on their claimant commitment.

It's a work coaches discretion whether or not they turn off work commitments when sending in sick notes. Some will reduce them, few will turn them off completely.

How long has your partner been handing in fit notes? have they been referred for a work capability assessment yet?
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • AilsAils Member Posts: 2,268 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @angeladean25 and welcome to the Community.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
Sign in or join us to comment.