Hi my name's Kelley and I'm here to ask for some help on my pip reassessment thanks guys x - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi my name's Kelley and I'm here to ask for some help on my pip reassessment thanks guys x

124»

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear this @kelley1234, that cannot have been pleasant! I really hope you hear soon. If you need any further support then please do let us know.
    Scope

• kelley1234
    kelley1234 Community member Posts: 39 Pioneering
    Thankyou Chloe xx
  • kelley1234
    Hi Everyone just thought I'd ask if anyone knows how long the decisions take . I got my report of my assessment a couple of weeks ago and to be honest there was a lot of stuff on there that wasn't correct . I didn't expect anything less to be honest . All my paper work has been with the case manager for 2 weeks now and I still haven't had a decision . Very confusing does anyone else know why it would take this long considering the case manager has been assessing my paper work for do long . Thankyou 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    There's no timescales for any decision. Backlogs are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed. Once the report has been received back it can still take 2-8 weeks maybe more for a decision to be made.

Despite what was stated in the report, have you added up the points recommended? They usually go with the report but adding up those possible points, will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kelley1234
    Thankyou  poppy123456 im so grateful for your advice. I would never had known to request a report of it wasn't for you x I did try to find out what the points were and it looks like the assor recommend 11 points for daily living . And there's 2 parts of the mobility do we add those up or are they seperate ? The first one was ,F what I understand is 12 points and the second part was d which was 8 points . I rang up after I received my report as I didn't receive any points for managing and monitoring medication . Basically there are 3 medications that my daughter has to give me due to the nature of them and the past . I rang them straight away and explained this to them . Do you think they take this into consideration after the assement. There was a letter I put in with my information so it did tally with opiate meds . Thankyou for your help 
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome,

You add both of the mobility parts together but even with scoring 12 points that's Enhanced mobility without adding the other part and you can't be awarded any higher than Enhanced.

Whether or not the decision maker will give you that 1 extra point for medication, is another matter because they mostly go with the report. It has been know for them to go against it but it's rare. Those points suggest Standard daily living and Enhanced mobility.

Once the decision is made if they've gone with the report and you disagree you'll have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the mandatory reconsideration (MR) BUT do be aware that they will look at the whole award again, which means you do risk losing everything you already have, although most MR decisions don't change, it could also be increased but it's rare. Only 15% of MR decisions change.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • kelley1234
    Thankyou for your advice poppy123456 hopefully the decision maker doesn't take my points away 
    I was on standard both before at the back of the page it also says reveiw 3 years and the assor ticked the box saying my condition will be present at the next reveiw it's not likely to change so fingers crossed I hope they take notice . Thankyou I will let you know when I receive the decision letter . Have a good day 
  • kelley1234
    Hi poppy 123456 sorry to bother you I received my ESA letter today to say I have stayed in the support group which is good news . There's no explanation why I'm in the support group . Can I request a copy of the report on why I'm in that group ? I had the same last year and was placed in the support group . I know there's certain reasons but I've never had the reason given to me . Thankyou
  • poppy123456
    Hi,

Great news. ESA decision letters are very basic and they give no information why you were placed into the group and no timescales either.

You can ring ESA to request a copy of the report, it's called ESA85. If it's mental health you're claiming for them i'm guessing you'll have been placed into the support group through regulation 35, which for most people is the main route to the support group.
  • kelley1234
    Hi 
    Thankyou poppy123456 it's a huge weight off my shoulders for a while excpecally this time of year aswell . I have complex conditions so I'm not sure which it would of been but I will ask for ESA85 as to be placed twice in the support group without knowing why and plus that was actually my worst assement the assessor wasn't interested in anything I had to say ? I actually told him he was rude oops but he was . 
    I mean 2 assesments in 2 days was just awful but at least it's over for now . Hopefully I won't be waiting too long now for my pip decision as both assesments were at the same time . Thankyou again x
  • Chloe_Scope
    Great news @kelley1234, thanks for letting us know. :)
    Best of luck with the PIP decision.
    Scope

• kelley1234
    Thankyou chloescope ? I do feel sad though how we have to go through all this and are so happy for a good outcome . We really shouldn't have to endure all of this I think there needs to be big change in the way sick and disabled people are treated in this system . I will let you know how and when I get my pip decision what the outcome is ?xxx
  • Chloe_Scope
    Fingers crossed @kelley1234!
    Scope

• kelley1234
    Thankyou Chloescope means alot x
  • kelley1234
    Good morning I thought I'd let you all know I decided to call dwp this morning to find out if they have made a decision yet on my pip ? I'm pleased to say they have and the lady said a letter was sent out yesterday . She didn't read it all as there's alot of pages explaing why the come to the decision .. well I've been awarded standard rate daily living and enhanced rate mobility . I'm just relieved it's been awarded . Thankyou poppy123456 for advising me on the assors report as there the points they have gone with xx
  • Chloe_Scope
    Amazing news @kelley1234!! Thank you for letting us know. :)
    Scope

• kelley1234
    Thankyou chloescope I'm just do relieved as I think I would of gave in . It's been so stressful as you know xx
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Great news @kelley1234, really happy for you!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    I'm not surprised @kelley1234, I hope you can find some time to relax now. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.