survalence footage — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

survalence footage

Options
karenat35
karenat35 Community member Posts: 15 Connected
edited November 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi there has anyone had the same experience as myself? Following a report to dhss from an ex friend, after I told her I was too ill to continue to take in her daily orders from Amazon I was filmed by the dwp. The film looks like I can walk normally but due to multiple health problems I can only mobilise for short periods of time ,struggling to keep up with my husband who has severe arthritis but because of severe raynards I cannot hold a stick in cold weather, but that is by the by .
The dvd had a transcript but non of the dates or times match.The meta data on the DVD is unobtainable and it says that I was viewed from a place where it is impossible to see my home. The tribunal only went off the film and no evidence I had produced from Drs, nurses and physio were taken on board and my husband wasn't allowed to comment, Long story short, I lost all PIP allowance, but has anyone else had this happened to them. And did you dispute the findings? I must admit it has made me so ill because all my friends and family think I should fight my case and I just want to give up and have a rest after two years of trying cheers K

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

As this was a Tribunal decision then you have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the statement of reasons and record of proceedings. Once you receive those you need to find someone to take a look to see if there's an error in law. If no error in law is found then i'm afraid you won't be able to take this any further.

Your husband not being able to comment will not be an error in law, usually when appearing at a Tribunal for a benefit claim then the panel will want you to speak in your own words, unless you have an appointee and they will be able to speak on your behalf.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @karenat35, how are you getting on? :)
    Scope

• karenat35
    karenat35 Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    Options
    Hi Chloe, I am ok thank you,  just tired out and still upset that someone I thought was a friend could think that I was doing something I shouldn't because I went out of the house  to try and improve my breathing . But you live and learn don't you? hope you are ok thanks again for your support. Keep well Karen  
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @karenat35, that's completely understandable! It can really hurt when things like this happen. Please feel free to use this space to air your thoughts and concerns if you think that would help.
    Hope you are keeping well too. :) 
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.