Work couch being rude — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Work couch being rude

asipo20
asipo20 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I have serious  psoriatic aurthrtis i get treatment from nhs hospital i see them every 3 month iam on injection take once every 2 weeks to control my skin desease i still have on my scalp and hand forhead i face reguler pain everyday i suffer from Depression and Anxiety also triggered other problem in me i have colestrol my illness takes up the day i cant have quick shower drink coffee like normal people do it will trigger more condition my body not normal like everyone else i need to focus on my health i cant do everything 
My work couch says i still have to do work activity she is refusing to listen she is threatening to stop my claim iam not oing activities she told

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

May i ask if you have gone through the work capability assessment process and been placed into one of the groups?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • asipo20
    asipo20 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    I did go but they put me to work activity group i did not know i could appeal i have learning and understanding differcuilties i did not have anyone to go assesment with i went by myself that was 2017
  • poppy123456
    As you're claiming UC and have LCW then you'll be in the work preparation group, this means that you're expected to take reasonable steps to prepare for work but what is expected of you will depend on your claimant commitment.

If you don't complete what is expected of you then yes you can be sanctioned.

I would advise you to speak to an advice agency near you for advice about putting in a change of circumstances to be placed into the LCWRA group BUT do be aware that if you do this then you could lose everything you already have.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • hello20
    hello20 Community member Posts: 98 Connected
    Poppy may I ask if your doctors provided fit note do I still need to look for work or prep 
  • poppy123456
    hello20 said:
    Poppy may I ask if your doctors provided fit note do I still need to look for work or prep 
    Are the fit notes for yourself or your partner? If they are for yourself then weren't you in the support group when you were claiming ESA? If so then fit notes aren't needed for you because your Support group award will be transferred to UC.

If the fit notes are for your partner then yes i'm afraid a fit note doesn't automatically entitle anyone to LCW. It's the work coaches discretion whether or not they turn off work commitments. Some will and some wont', some will reduce the commitments, it really depends on the work coach. If you're not happy with your work coach then you can request a different one.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @asipo20   Pleased to meet you.
    I am one of the team of community champions on the forum.  Sorry to hear what you have been through.
    We do understand as community supportive, have compassion and empathy.
    Please if I can make a suggestion, please have a look at these links.
    https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.
    https://www.mind.org.uk.
    https://www.rethink.org.
    I used these myself . I have anxiety and depression.  Have a physical disability.
    You are not alone, please have a look at the first link. Used this charity to help me with jobcentre and staff.
    Intervened helped and support me with benefits and other problems. The jobcentre know it is stressful have to admit. Once had ten members of staff in six months.
    Forget who is who, this charity Richmond fellowship stepped in. Had a private room to sign on, and make arrangements to be supported by my floating support.
    Please also can I add my friend @poppy123456 has given you some guidance.
    Understand still would contact any of the links. The last one is a advocate charity speaks on your behalf.
    Know could be useful.
    Please can  I stress these charities do take clientele with disabilities as well mental health 
    I found them very supportive.
    Please ask if we can help further, I be happy to help anything. Please keep in touch. Keep safe and warm, 
    Please take care.
    @thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.