PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Have your say about your online community! Complete our annual survey.

Pip extras

kitty1233kitty1233 Member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi I've just been awarded enchanced rate pip. I've been told I'm entitled to my car tax free. Is there anything else I'm entitled to. 

Replies

• CressidaCressida Member Posts: 745 Pioneering
    edited December 2019
    CEA cinema card. You get a carers ticket free. Valid in most cinemas. Card costs £6. You can get this with standard care don't need enhanced.  Some councils will allow reduction on council tax but varies in different areas. 
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,263 Disability Gamechanger
    Remember when you get free Road tax your car is classed as a disabled vehicle. And is thus meant for the sole use and benefit of the claiment. So if your car is low tax band it may be wise to not take up free road tax if others use your car. 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2019
    kitty1233 said:
    Hi I've just been awarded enchanced rate pip. I've been told I'm entitled to my car tax free. Is there anything else I'm entitled to. 
    That will depend if you're claiming daily living or mobility, for free road tax then you need Enhanced mobility.

If it's mobility and you scored the points in moving around part then you're automatically entitled to a blue badge. If you scored the points in following and planning a journey then you'll need to see the criteria of your local council because Enhanced mobility for following and planning a journey doesn't automatically entitle you to a BB.

If it's daily living then you won't automatically be entitled to the BB and there's no free road tax.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • kitty1233kitty1233 Member Posts: 7 Listener
    Thanks. It's the parking blue badge I'd benefit from . 
    kitty1233 said:
    Thanks. It's the parking blue badge I'd benefit from . 
    You say you were awarded Enhanced PIP but was this for daily living or mobility? You haven't said which one you were awarded.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • DuffersMumDuffersMum Member Posts: 119 Pioneering
    Enhanced mobility also means you can apply for a free bus pass
    Enhanced mobility also means you can apply for a free bus pass
    If you scored the points in the moving around part yes it does. If you scored the points in following an planning a journey, it depends on the criteria of a local council. It doesn't automatically qualify you.
Sign in or join us to comment.