Pip extras — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip extras

kitty1233
kitty1233 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi I've just been awarded enchanced rate pip. I've been told I'm entitled to my car tax free. Is there anything else I'm entitled to. 

Comments

• Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,015 Pioneering
    edited December 2019
    CEA cinema card. You get a carers ticket free. Valid in most cinemas. Card costs £6. You can get this with standard care don't need enhanced.  Some councils will allow reduction on council tax but varies in different areas. 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Remember when you get free Road tax your car is classed as a disabled vehicle. And is thus meant for the sole use and benefit of the claiment. So if your car is low tax band it may be wise to not take up free road tax if others use your car. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,908 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2019
    kitty1233 said:
    Hi I've just been awarded enchanced rate pip. I've been told I'm entitled to my car tax free. Is there anything else I'm entitled to. 
    That will depend if you're claiming daily living or mobility, for free road tax then you need Enhanced mobility.

If it's mobility and you scored the points in moving around part then you're automatically entitled to a blue badge. If you scored the points in following and planning a journey then you'll need to see the criteria of your local council because Enhanced mobility for following and planning a journey doesn't automatically entitle you to a BB.

If it's daily living then you won't automatically be entitled to the BB and there's no free road tax.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kitty1233
    kitty1233 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Thanks. It's the parking blue badge I'd benefit from . 
  • poppy123456
    kitty1233 said:
    Thanks. It's the parking blue badge I'd benefit from . 
    You say you were awarded Enhanced PIP but was this for daily living or mobility? You haven't said which one you were awarded.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • DuffersMum
    DuffersMum Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    Enhanced mobility also means you can apply for a free bus pass
  • poppy123456
    Enhanced mobility also means you can apply for a free bus pass
    If you scored the points in the moving around part yes it does. If you scored the points in following an planning a journey, it depends on the criteria of a local council. It doesn't automatically qualify you.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.