PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP

Options
jeannettestevenson
jeannettestevenson Community member Posts: 9 Listener
We were really worried about my husband being changed from DLA to PIP. It took forever. We received the letter in July and returned the form almost immediately. Lousy GP refused to help. Interview was October 4th. The decision came thru in late November. He's been upped to enhanced daily living. Keeps the enhanced movilify and therefore the mutability car and the award is for 10 years. DLA finishes 17th December. PIP starts 18th December. It's been a nightmare bit all came good. Now I'm in the middle of as I've been diagnosed with MS. Not as worried as anything I get will be extra and I have lots of support from MS nurse and neurologist etc. Hope everyone else has had positive results too

Comments

• jeannettestevenson
    Options
    We were really worried about my husband being changed from DLA to PIP. It took forever. We received the letter in July and returned the form almost immediately. Lousy GP refused to help. Interview was October 4th. The decision came thru in late November. He's been upped to enhanced daily living. Keeps the enhanced movilify and therefore the mutability car and the award is for 10 years. DLA finishes 17th December. PIP starts 18th December. It's been a nightmare bit all came good. Now I'm in the middle of as I've been diagnosed with MS. Not as worried as anything I get will be extra and I have lots of support from MS nurse and neurologist etc. Hope everyone else has had positive results too
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Jeanette.

Great to hear your hubby got the full award. Just got mine too, after great anxiety going from DLA to PIP. What a relief!

Sad to read about your diagnosis.

I was wrongly diagnosed with PPMS for several years so do know a bit about it.

Hope you are receiving all the help you need.

lots of love Pollyxxx
  • jeannettestevenson
    Options
    Thank you Polly. I have great support and have had for possibly 20-25 years. Also have 2 new active lesions on my brain I have PPMS. Rather a shock when I thought it was a trapped nerve. More so when they found a tomour in my lung. But they've cut that and half my lung out so onwards and upwards ☺
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Always good to hear positive outcomes well done
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Really glad it was a positive outcome @jeannettestevenson! I hope it's the same result for yourself. If there is anything we can do to help then please do let us know. :)
    Scope

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    That's brilliant news @jeannettestevenson! Best of luck with your own application too. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.