UC interview - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC interview

13»

Comments

• Bettahm
    Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
    @poppy123456 and @chiarieds
    I intend to see them this weekend. I've been thinking, know she gets PIP and he gets carers for her. They were living in a caravan before they came here, so presume you dont need a street address to claim?
    They arrived here with literally nothing 18 months ago after he lost his job. I know it took them a while to sort out their benefits coz they were penniless. They borrowed a bit from a guy at church, and were regulars at the food bank I go to. Shes quite I'll with this epilepsy. I think they're ok, just down on their luck.
  • VOB
    VOB Community member Posts: 45 Pioneering
    There is no way on this earth that I would let anyone use my address?
    Anyway hope you get it sorted cos I can't say anything more on this subject.
  • Bettahm
    Shes only getting medical (docs and hospital appts) sent here. Waiting for a hospital appointment one now. I think they're ok.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Franstrahan. I'm sorry this has caused so much stress. Do you have much longer to wait until the appointment? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Bettahm
    @Adrian_Scope
    The reason it's a problem is I have the WCA on 6th then this on the 10th. My mh is not great at the moment, counsellor said last time we spoke my anxiety levels were high then, before this lot happened.
    So not great timing for these things. I've asked my job coach to make the guy doing the interview aware. I'm not good anyway at f2f things. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    I know I'd really struggle having the two so close together (or at all) and I'm sorry that's what you're facing @Franstrahan. Hopefully having the weekend to recover from the WCA before the compliance meeting will help ease the pressure a little but I can imagine you're going to be thinking about both of them until it's done.
    We'll all be thinking of you so please let us know how you get on at both. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Bettahm
    @Adrian_Scope
    Thanks, yes it is a struggle because of my health. Things have been mounting up for years now but since 2016-17 it's been hard and my mh is deteriorating. It's just been one thing after another going wrong now and it's made me ill.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Best of luck tomorrow @Franstrahan!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Bettahm
    @Adrian_Scope
    Thank you. It's the WCA tomorrow and the UC interview Tuesday. But need plenty of luck for both probably. Thanks Adrian. Not looking forward to either of these.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry this didn't go ahead today @Franstrahan, I really hope your UC interview goes okay on Tuesday. :)
    Scope

• Bettahm
    @Chloe_Scope
    Thank you. I was hoping it would be one down, one to go. But it's still two.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.