Amount paid in Esa — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Amount paid in Esa

starbuck
starbuck Community member Posts: 172 Courageous
My husband claims esa. He gets contribution based and is in the support group. 
I've just had an updated letter from income support as my income support tops up his esa. 
I've noticed on the is letter it states he receives £111.65 in esa but he doesn't, he receives £110.75. 
I'm wondering why he receives less than the amount stated on the gov.uk website. There are no deductions listed on his award letter and he's received this amount since 2018. 
I've never noticed the discrepancy until now (I'm really not good dealing with benefits and the whole things sends me into a tailspin as I have problems with anxiety)
I've tried ringing insome support to see why they have a different figure but I think they've now gone home for the night. 
I'm wondering if I should contact esa and ask why my husband is getting a pound less each week. I'm terrified of ringing the esa people as I'm always scared they'll reassess him. 
Does anyone have any ideas as to why he's getting less than he should? 

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.