Help with son's UC — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help with son's UC

Options
paulaboop
paulaboop Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited December 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi everyone. I’m new to this site.  And was wondering if. Anyone. Could help.     My son has been claiming universal credit. For 17 months.    Putting fit notes in.  Off his go.  Also for 17 months.      He had his first assessment  on Tuesday  the 3 rd December and got a message on his journal  yesterday  saying he d be put in the lcwra group   Doesn t have to. Look for work. And doesn t have to put anymore fit notes in off gp.     His wondering if he ll have to wait.  The 14 weeks. Before he receives.  The. First  payment.  Of lcwra.      And. If he ll be  due any back money.  As his first. Fit note.  Was 17 month ago.   Thank you 

Comments

• Connie00
    Connie00 Community member Posts: 252 Pioneering
    edited December 2019
    Options

Hi @paulaboop:)

My Name is Connie00

I am one off the community Champion’s here at Scope.  it’s really nice to meet you.

A very warm welcome to the Community. Thank you for reaching out to us, , I am very sorry but I cant help you with this query but one on my Colleagues will answer you shortly, I just wanted to welcome you to the community.

We are always here to lend support, help, and advise where we can,

If we can be of any assistance to you please don’t hesitate to contact us

@connie00 :) 

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @paulaboop - Welcome to the community from myself also. I'll see if I can get someone who will probably be able to answer your query. @poppy123456 please would you advise here, please.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

There's a 3 month waiting period starting from when he sent his first fit note. This means that he'll receive backdated money from the 4th complete assessment period. How many months that will be will depend on what date he sent his first fit note and when his assessment period is. He should receive details on his journal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @paulaboop and a warm welcome to the community! How are you getting on?
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.