Introduce yourself and tell me some qualities you have and abit about yourself ? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Introduce yourself and tell me some qualities you have and abit about yourself ?

Tammyjane33
Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
I'll tell you a bit about myself.
My name is Tammy and I'm 33 years old and live in the uk. 
I enjoy reading and learning new things.
I like watching documentaries mainly crime related or mental health related ?as I have a strong interest in these subjects. 

Comments

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi, Polly here.

A mum and gran...love my doggy..been married for almost 48 years! Been a wheelie for many years, love chatting and laughing...singing too.

Love to read and watch films which are true stories or biographies.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello

I’m April. I’m a mom of 3 year old boy/girl twins! My amazing superpower is to multitask. I love my family. I’m a young adult carer at twenty three. I turned 23 four weeks ago in early November. Love this thread. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi I'm John married for 38 years to the greatest wife I could ever have, 2 kids and 2 grandkids 13 and 6, enjoy reading and my laptop, so far I have survived 60 years without a single App and refuse to have them.
    Looking forward to only the second Christmas ever of just the two of us, bliss.
    My severe epilepsy limits my life but it doesn't define who I am.
    And I also love 1950's and early 60's music have a playlist of 1200+ on you tube.
    Thats me.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    @Tammyjane33, I enjoy documentaries like that as well. Some really interesting things about it! :)
    Scope

• bling
    bling Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    Hi I'm bling , I'm mum, step mum and stand in mum to 6 and a grandmother of currently 10 ? I'm 49 and became disabled 18years ago and honestly it actually gave me a whole new lust for life 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Welcome to the community @bling, great to have you here!
    Scope

• bling
    bling Community member Posts: 6 Connected
  • Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    Hi guys , I,m Gerry ....I love my Samsung tablet which I use every day if possible. Father of three lovely children ( grown up now ) I have four grandchildren , one of my grandchildren is severly autistic and cannot talk , nor write ,nor do maths ...but he knows everybody by their birthday and year of birth , when anyone mentions someone else , he can tell their birthday and year of birth . Whether it is the Asda,Iceland delivery drivers, teachers or any of his or our neighbours . The first thing he does when he meets someone is ask them their birthdate...including year....which can be rather embarrassing . Of course he asks their birthdate by signing and his mum or us have the akward question of asking their date of birth . 
    We love al, our four grandchildren equally . 
    I have been married to my childhood sweetheart,  we met first when we were twelve years old , three years later our eyes met across a street , we started going steady at fifteen and engaged at seventeen and married at eighteen , the first of our three children came along when we were twenty ...we have been married now for over 46 years . We live in the same small village I was born and brought up in .I was an engineer until Mrs Thatcher closed all the factories and foundries and brickworks down . I then trained as a driving instructor and planned to but a small villa in a warm country ( we live in the hills of Scotland) which does not help my health problems ...ah, "the best laid plans of mice and men " ...alas our long term plans can be ruined by my health problems ....I have breathing problems and my work  life in brickworks did not help , My hearing was also badly affected by heavy presses ( 630 tons) hammering away all day long, I have tinnitus 24/7 in my right ear , from the second I awake until I take my night medication which knocks me out for a few hours each night . I also have Menieres which affects my hearing as well I  my left ear ...I can hear nothing at all in my right ear bar a jet engine 24/7 . I have hearing aids in both ears ( bluetooth hearing aids ) I can only hear in my left ear .?
    ....but still I think I'm a lucky guy. I had to give up driving due to menieres disease , two years ago . 
    I like watching TV documentaries(with the help of subtitles ) ...I used to play a few different musical instruments and played in a band for twenty years ....alas...I have very little hearing ( even with the help of my hearing aids ) I still have the same acoustic guitar I got at 15 years old. I played in pubs and clubs for a ling time but I cannot hear it and nowadays could hardly hold a tune .My guitar and bodhran and flute ect lie in the corner of a room in the west wing ? That's my life in a nutshell ?...apart from the fact I love Scope , although I hardly post . ?
  • Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    ....oops.....one of my main " faults "  is ....once I start talking I cannot stop ...my daughter often tells me that when I post on Facebook. .on and on and on ....??
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    That was a great read Seanchai!
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi I'm jane 52 years old been separated for 3 years and disabled for 2 years. I have 13 year old son who is my rock and without him I would be lost. His life changed as well with my disability and that has been the hardest for me to come to terms with. I have done my best to ensure he still has his childhood and enjoys same things as other teens. I'm an amputee in a wheelchair. It's been hard few years but we have got through it and now have adapted and make the most of life.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Thank you for sharing this with us @janer1967. Sounds like you've been through a lot of change,
    Scope

• positivemama
    positivemama Community member Posts: 26 Courageous
    Hi all, 
    Am positive mama, 36, lone parent to 2 children. I love to travel (which hasn't happened in 4 yes due to M.E) I enjoy spending time with friends and cooking high pots of food to share. I love documentaries on tv or phone. These days am learning to pace and rest, no longer able to work in my.dream construction job. 
    Pleasure to meet you all & read these awesome stories. 
     :) 
  • Mark111
    Mark111 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    Hi I'm Mark up till 4 months ago I was very active my main passion in live was snowboarding ? I've been lucky enough to travel all. Over the world doing this for meany years I also have enjoy ment other sports that kinda take u out of ure comfort zone I've done wakebording.bungie jumping whitewater rafting hillwalking also have done one skydive my job I am a craftsman garden time served all tho not so sure if I will have my job much longer I. Live alone I'm 49 no family an have a keen interest in music I have lived with a chronic ilniss for 6years but no one new about other that me 4 months ago I was rushed into hospital most of my body was inflamed an red hot couldn't wallk properly or use my hands an was having difficulty breathing turns out I had plural numonia and fluid on the lung wich is now sorted but I was also diagnosed with RA wich I'm struggling with at the moment as I haven't responded too well to the treatments wich are still on going and that's about it really ?

Brightness