PIP refusal as expected. Has anyone got over this first hurdle ( not literally )? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP refusal as expected. Has anyone got over this first hurdle ( not literally )?

Options
2»

Comments

• KnobblyKnees
    KnobblyKnees Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
    Options
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,039 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry you're being put through all of this. Just one question did your ESA payments stopped because you didn't attend the assessment or did they stop because they think you're in a relationship with your landlady?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • KnobblyKnees
    Options
    Hi thanks for the sympathy. I'm not sure, they stopped the payments before any ESA appointment was arranged I think. I only found out when I got my bank statement. I remember the Capita assessor seizing on the fact that I houseshare with a female and not a male and the obnoxious woman yesterday asked me about 3 times to confirm I was single.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,039 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2019
    Options
    You're welcome. You need to find out if it is was because they think you're in a relationship because it sounds like this is the reason why, your payments maybe suspended but you should have received a letter regarding this.

If this is the reason then you'll need to send evidence to prove that you're single, this would include bank statements, food shopping receipts and yes i know that sounds crazy but it can be difficult when you house share, especially if your bills are all included with your rent.

What a complete mess -rolls eyes- I really do hope you get this sorted ASAP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @KnobblyKnees - I can't offer any expert advice as I don't know anything about ESA but I just wanted to say that the whole thing sounds a bit shabby to me...

Have I read this right - your payment has been stopped and no-one has written to you to say why?

Unfortunately I suppose you'll just have to ring them again to sort things out...

Sorry you have to go through this - it's not nice...
  • KnobblyKnees
    Options
    Thanks so much for your replies.

Success! What a palaver. HR must have had words about some of the questions the obnoxious woman asked me as she rang me back and couldn't have been more helpful and nice and my ESA has finally been restored and backdated.

Obviously they made the home visit assessments ( now transferred to one of the HAAS centres ) to check out my single status as well as my medical conditions. I was just about to ask for a Statement of Facts from them when she rang me and I'm still unsure as to why they cut me off. I read online I could claim compensation in the region of £25 or do you think that's pushing it a bit? There's no wrongdoing on my part so I am entitled.

Now looking forward to getting my knees sorted, my retirement and a Happy Christmas to one and all.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @KnobblyKnees - Very pleased to read things have been sorted out for you satisfactorily, altho' an apology would have been nice with all you've been put through! Hopefully you will be able to enjoy a Happy Christmas after all. My best wishes to your knees & the rest of you!
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    So glad to hear it has been a success in the end @KnobblyKnees! I hope you can find some time to rest now. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.