Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
PIP refusal as expected. Has anyone got over this first hurdle ( not literally )?
These assessments are not very scientific. The DWP have decided I can stand and walk 200 metres yet there is no evidence of this. I told the Capita assessor every step is agony for me, I'm not awaiting double TKR for no reason. The report is littered with inaccuracies and the tests are ridiculous. It was stated I do not have CTS as my grip was very good. This consisted of pinching the assessor's thumbs with my thumbs and index fingers. I plan on asking what the actual pounds per square inch force was. It's ludicrous. These tests have exacerbated my conditions, particularly my arthritic knees acid reflux condition. Would I have any redress under Cruel and Unusual Punishment as per The Human Rights Act?
- 55.5K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 161 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 845 Work and employment
- 602 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 305 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.4K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.9K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 711 Chronic pain and pain management
- 720 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 954 Mental health and wellbeing
- 315 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.