My PIP report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My PIP report

Stoical65iam
Stoical65iam Community member Posts: 23 Connected
Hello everyone. Well i got my PIP report today, As you're all familiar with the treatment disabled people are getting from these undesirable masters of malpractice, i won't bore you with the details. Suffice to say i'm feeling deflated today and really **** off. OMG ,i should have seen it coming what with all the horror stories i've read on here and on youtube. I will obviously be putting in a complaint, about the twisted and manipulative way this assessor forgot to mention the truth about what happened in the F2F ; What was said and done compared to what he has written in this pile of Nazi garbage. In addition blatently lying ; avoiding (deliberately it seems) to ask certain question pertinent to my claim, as well as giving an arrogant inflated opinion of  his perception of events at the F2F. in the process demeaning my disabilities and trying to demoralize my spirit into giving up. How do these people sleep at night... really. It feels like i've already got the DWP result as this nasty piece of work also had his little section on this corrupt report marking me 0 pts (SERIOUSLY) with negative comments (lies) on all Descriptors. Christ ! have they no shame 0 pts , Unbelievable; disgusting and disrespectful ! I'll be seeing my Doctor ; the Mayor even, anyone who can help. People were hung for much less than the despicable acts this lot are getting away with today not long ago. Rant over. Should i complain now and if so to who. Or  should i just wait until i receive the inevitable result before taking action. Thankyou .

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    No you should appeal.
    These are my top tips.
    Prepare for a tribunal as well. My son’s first ever assessment report contained falsified details. Do you have a social worker or not? Describe your impairment to them. Refer constantly to the descriptors for each activity. Be honest too. Do not delay either. Use this tool to draft a letter of appeal. 
    https://www.advicenow.org.uk/pip-tool
    You can find more information on this page.   https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/appeals/apply-to-tribunal/
    Keep us updated. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

MR comes before appeal. You do need to wait for the decision but they mostly go with the report so you may want to start to write the MR letter now.

You should avoid mentioning any lies or contradictions they may have been told in the report, DWP and Tribunal won't be interested in any of those. You should state where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Once the decision is made you'll have 1 month from that date to request the MR.

Any complaints about the report should be sent to the health assessment providers.

Do be aware that most MR decisions remain the same so you'll most likely have to take it to Tribunal. Appearing in person will give you the best chance of a decision in your favour. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Stoical65iam
    Thankyou Guys for your help and support. Just a couple more things, i don`t have a social worker since the NHS cutbacks. I don't want to go into too much detail, but my Mother is my carer and social worker i suppose. At the F2F  i felt  the HP was being disrespectful and rude to her by constantly using hand gestures to tell her to be quiet when she tried to talk on my behalf as i suffer amongst many health issues with mixing with people , social anxiety ,chronic fatigue and brain fog. Is this treatment towards her worth mentioning in the MR letter or anywhere else . I think i can get some more support from my GP , is it worth keeping him informed  asap or delaying as this lot seem to show contempt to these people as well. Thankyou.
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    terrrble state of affairs...lies, injustices and downright horrid treatment...yet they continue to carry on with this despicable behaviour....grrr
  • poppy123456
    I'm sorry for the way you were both treated during the assessment. I wouldn't advise you mentioning anything in the report about this because that's not really what the MR request is about and they won't be interested. You'll be much better off concentrating on which descriptors apply and why.

If you make a complaint about the report to the health assessment providers then you can certainly mention the disrespect then.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Stoical65iam
    Thanks again Guys for giving up your precious time and showing some love in these stressing times. Kind regards

• Stoical65iam
    In reference to your helpful advice poppy ,i'm reading through this horrible pip report again trying to ready myself for the MR letter of appeal coming my way. I've taken onboard as you advised concentrating on the descriptors that apply to me and why , and i've noted not to bring up any lies that the 'dishonest ' HP wrote down . However it is infuriating me knowing what is being ignored . So it is also very noticable here that things happened during my F2F that have been clearly omitted from this report , that surely shouldn't  have been allowed to happen.(  I'm now sorry i didn't record the assessment. Perhaps a video camera would have been much better given his rude behaviour and gesturing ). It's obviously quite clear they have an nefarious agenda here, but i feel i should at least allude to these omissions in my MR letter, if just to feel better in myself, and maybe strike the conscience of a decision maker who hasn't gone rogue. 
  • poppy123456
    They won't be interested in what happened during the assessment. You can't prove something did or didn't happen because it will be your word against theirs and the HCP most likely won't remember you anyway because they assess so many people.

You're much better off leaving all that to the complaint and concentrate on the descriptors that apply and your reasons why because this is all DWP and Tribunal will be interested in.

For future reference you can't video record an assessment but you can voice record it. Before doing this you need to tell the health assessment providers at least 48 hours before the assessment and use the appropriate recording equipment, which is 2 CD/tape recorders because you need 2 identical copies and 1 must be handed in at the end.
  • Stoical65iam
    Shame about much of which is happening and is allowed to continue with these PIP procedures. Hopefully they someday get their comeuppance for their appalling behaviour and cruelty to the most vulnerable and deserving of support.' United Kingdom ' ... Please , what a joke ! . Anyway, thanks again poppy for your insight and support. God bless.
  • Stoical65iam
    Hello everyone, just a quick message of hope to all the people struggling with  PIP Assessments and appeals. Having myself endured an absolutely soul destroying Assessment  and then to be given 0 (zero) points by the HP, i was left devastated. This bad news however just strengthened my resolve to fight. After nearly 3 months of waiting i received news of a successful Mandatory reconcideration letter of appeal, in which i went from 0 POINTS  to 14 pts. 4 of these points were however given for the mobility component of which i still feel cheated by. But rather than argue the toss , i 'll greatfully but reluctantly accept their offer of the Standard care component for 2 years, when then i'll no doubt be put through the mill once again. This experience has been tiresome to say the least , but hopefully this message can encourage and give hope and strength to people like myself towards a successful outcome . Good luck everyone. 
  • Stoical65iam
    Oh , thankyou for all the advice ,help and support from all who helped me remain strong willed during this ordeal.
  • plonker
    plonker Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    I have been waiting pip appeal nearly a year now COPD anxiety depressed arthritis capita do make you feel like a complete **** so I hope appeal is fair 

• poppy123456
    @Stoical65iam great news, especially at MR stage :)
  • plonker
  • poppy123456
    plonker said:
    ?????

If you read comment number 11 posted yesterday then you'll see that the decision was overturned at MR stage.
  • plonker
    Oh I see sorry ?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Great news @Stoical65iam. Not many MRs are successful so it's always good to hear of one that it. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness