Tribuneral — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribuneral

natasha1981
natasha1981 Community member Posts: 15 Listener
Hi i sent a letter from my sons school stating i need a  urgent hearing but the tribuneral have said the reasons are not urgent enough but have advised me to send the extra evidence back to the dwp to see if they can over turn the desion wat will dwp do ive been waiting 12 months so far and its so stressfull 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

HMCTS can't give you a hearing date if there's none available. DWP will already have copies of all the evidence you sent. It's very rare for DWP to offer an award before a hearing takes place but it can happen, although i wouldn't rely on that happening. Unfortunately, backlogs for hearings are huge across most of the country and some are waiting in excess of a year, add that onto the waiting time to receive backdated money, if successfully award then it's even longer.

There's nothing more you can do but wait, i'm afraid. Hopefully it won't be much longer until you receive that date.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • natasha1981
    No the tribuneral havent sent the school letter to dwp  they told me to send it basically they refused my son saying he dont need extra care or supervision and isnt a danger to himself or anyone where in the school letter its states how he needs extra supervision and 1 to 1 30hrs a week at school and that hes a danger to himself and other pupils 
  • poppy123456
    Everything you send HMCTS should be sent to DWP, if it hasn't then i'd be asking why it wasn't sent. Even with that evidence it's still rare for DWP to offer an award before the hearing takes place.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • natasha1981
    edited November 2019
    This is letter from school 

• poppy123456
    Have you sent that to HMCTS? if you haven't then you should send it and then they will send it to DWP. Hopefully you won't be waiting too much longer for a hearing date.
  • natasha1981
    Im sending it tomorrow with a letter off the school nurse aswel is that letter good evidence
  • natasha1981
    I sent That letter to tribuneral and for urgent hear in date but the cant as its not urgent but they have told me to send it to dwp to c ig they can change the desion
  • poppy123456
    I can't advise you about the letter i'm afraid because i don't know anything about your case.

Is this a PIP or DLA claim?

There's no harm in sending it to DWP but you need to make sure it's sent to HMCTS ASAP. When they receive it they will automatically send a copy to DWP.

As i previously advised, to have an offer of an award before a hearing date it rare so you need to expect to have to attend the hearing.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @natasha1981, how are you doing? 
    Scope

• natasha1981
    Hi im jus so stressed tribuneral wrote bk to me and sent all the copy of evidence saying cant do a urgent apeal snd have said to send evidence ro dep snd see if they change desion but not hurd nothin alse as yet
  • Chloe_Scope
    Sorry to hear it is stressing you out so much. Have you managed to hear anything else @natasha1981?
    Scope

• natasha1981
    I phoned DLA yesturday and they said they have recieved all evidence and its with the appeals i should hear something bk within 4_5 weeks for a desion so hopefully they change it 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Fingers crossed for you @natasha1981! Please do let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

• natasha1981
    Ye hopefully will be good news when they decide fingers are crossed aswel Thankyou 
  • natasha1981
    Hi chloe i have been offered dla for my son the dwp phoned and offered me middle rate and low mobility so i jus took the offer as it is jus stressfull and im not well myself i suffer with anixty and depression and fibromyalgia myself so inm jus greatfull for something off them and as ive been waiting a year and its been very long so thankyou for advise 
  • poppy123456
    Great news. If you're claiming child tax credits don't forget to ring HMRC to report the changes because you'll be entitled to disabled child element, which will be backdated to the start of the DLA award.

If you're claiming Universal Credit then there's also a disabled child element of this and you should report the changes on your journal.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @natasha1981. I'm glad to hear they've made an offer. Please be sure to take Poppy's advice regarding tax credits / Universal Credit. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • natasha1981
    Ye i will thankyou to everyone

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.