Pip assessors report - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessors report

124»

Comments

• worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Fingers crossed for you @pandora86 .

I have just caught up and seen someone did advise you to not even mention the contradiction, I would have definitely mentioned it.  Its the very reason reports are been audited in the first place to make sure there is nothing like that on them.  If the DWP didn't care about bad quality reports, contradiction's and so forth then they wouldn't even be having the reports audited in the first place.  But of course I did say it was only a starting point and not to be the only driver of the request.  There is instances of members on scope forums, speaking to a DM directly about reports that contradict themselves and successfully getting a new assessment carried out or the report bounced back to be corrected and usually getting a favourable decision as a result.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @pandora86, I'm glad you got the evidence sent. I really hope it is not much longer! :)
    Scope

• pandora86
    pandora86 Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    Hello guys, mum has received her MD decision and her award is still the same with high daily living and standard mobility. I don’t think the mental health letter has even been added to their system yet as usually i would have got a txt saying thank you etc etc!

anyway where does this leave us now? Can we appeal? How does that process work and do we need a lawyer? What happens to my mums mobility car as we rely on that so much to take her out and about, do they let us keep it for a little longer? Thanks
  • Joanne_Alumni
    Joanne_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 188 Pioneering
    Hi @pandora86,
    Sorry to hear that the MR was unsuccessful, although unfortunately this is not unusual.
    You can now take the decision to appeal, but you do need to be aware that they will look at the whole award again.
    You do not need a lawyer but it can be useful to get help from somewhere such as CAB or your local AgeUK, depending on how old your mum is.
    You have a month to lodge the appeal and then it can take several months, sometimes as long as a year, for the case to be heard.
    The process for appealing should be on the decision letter. There is also some information about appealing on the Scope website.
    You will need to speak to the garage where you got the Motability car and let them know what is happening. Unfortunately you will not be able to keep the car pending an appeal.
    Joanne 
    Scope
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    Motability should have already been in contact with your mum to arrange returning the vehicle. There maybe a transitional support package available to her, if she's transferred from DLA but this will depend how long she's been a motability customer for. If she hasn't heard from them then i'd advise her to give them a ring.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.