Hi, my name is Doreen143! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Doreen143!

Options
Doreen143
Doreen143 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello my name is Doreen I've had Chronic brittle asthma for 20 years,in 2015 I couldn't walk after having mri scans xrays and blood test I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis Rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia. I'm finding life really difficult at the moment,I've come off Tramadol 50mg×3 three times a day,stop Morphine patches 50mg . I was taking Methotrexate (chemotherapy tablet)but the side effects where very bad,so after lots of visits to Rheumatologist I'm now taking Leflunomide 10mg a day also Sulfasalazine 1500mg morning and night. First tablets I'm getting some relief from But the side effects dizziness and nausea are not good.  Hospital and doctors saying to stick with it because they are common side effects and should pass. I'm on home oxygen for my asthma so really don't have a life.  So just hoping thing are going to get better. I'm 61

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Doreen143 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I'm really sorry to hear of your health struggles.  It sounds as though you have been through so much.  Yes, I hope things improve for you soon.  A lot of our members have Fibromyalgia so will relate to what you are going through.  You will receive lots of support and friendship on here as we all look out for one another.  It is a great space for chat!  I have been a member over a year now and it simply changed my life!  I'm sure you will enjoy it too.  

Please have a look around the website and join in any discussions that you fancy.  A good place to start is the Coffee Lounge, where you will find lots of interesting and fun chat.  If there is anything you need help or support with then please just give us a shout.  I look forward to seeing you on the forum.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Doreen143 - I'd like to add my welcome to the community too. Thank you for joining us all, 'tho I'm sorry to read about the difficulties you've faced, & more recently finding effective medication. It's a difficult one when you have side-effects from new meds, so I hope this passes quickly, & things improve for you.
    As Ails says, people here really do support each other & care. Here's a link to the Coffee Lounge:
    https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/coffee-lounge

Brightness